Honored Contributor

Just when you think you have lost all hope in humanity one person can renew that hope. A Florida State University football player named Travis Rudolph visited Montford Middle School in Tallahassee with some teammates. He sees a boy eating lunch by himself (not another kid is close by) This boy's name is Bo and he is autistic, he eats by himself everyday, doesn't get invited to parties. This fine young man Travis sits with Bo eating lunch with him. Someone took a picture and sent it to his mother who posted it on Facebook. This story just broke my heart, and the kindness that football player should this boy is beyond words. Travis said he would give Bo his cell number to call him whenever he likes. The mother said her son having Autism actually shields him from the bullying he goes through. The parents of children in that school should take a cue from Travis and treat Bo with a little more kindness and respect.

Honored Contributor

Just think we all could treat everyone else with the same kind of thoughtfulness and kindness. Pay it forward right?

Esteemed Contributor

Nice of the kid to do that.

I'm surprised that no one has accused the mom of wanting her 15 minutes of fame for having posted the picture to her facebook page.

Honored Contributor

Yes, very nice story indeed.  But I'm a little confused.  Do the parents of the students really eat lunch at the school with their kids every day???

Honored Contributor

Here is an article I found online:

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/08/31/florida-football-player-befriends-autistic-boy-at-lunch.htm...

God bless Travis Rudolph for his kindness and giving to this young man and may they both have unbelievable success going forward as they both more than deserve it!  Heart

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Nice of the kid to do that.

I'm surprised that no one has accused the mom of wanting her 15 minutes of fame for having posted the picture to her facebook page.

@Plaid Pants2

That thought would not have occurred to me.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I just read the post on Leah Paske's Facebook page about her son Bo. This will just about break your heart. If you get a chance you should read it (I would post a link if I knew how, maybe someone smarter than I will do it).

Contributor

It did, I had tears streaming down my face. I really can relate to this mom.

@Jordan2 wrote:

I just read the post on Leah Paske's Facebook page about her son Bo. This will just about break your heart. If you get a chance you should read it (I would post a link if I knew how, maybe someone smarter than I will do it).

Esteemed Contributor

The kindness of Travis Rudolph speaks to his character and upbringing.  What a wonderful role model.  Bo may not be able to express himself or even know what a kindness this was, but his mother is grateful that such kindness was shown to her son.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Re: Heartwarming Story

[ Edited ]

@chrystaltree wrote:

Yes, very nice story indeed.  But I'm a little confused.  Do the parents of the students really eat lunch at the school with their kids every day???

@chrystaltree Someone took the photo and and sent it to the little boy's mom.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson