Respected Contributor

Re: Heart Warming Story Dog Rescues Hummingbird Must See!

What an incredible story.  And the man feeding the bird every 15 mins, what dedication.  I really wish I can find compassionate people in my life and that care.  Love goes a long way. 

Valued Contributor

@MaRina wrote:

@CaliKat wrote:

You're all so welcome. I just loved it and wanted as many people as possible to see it. We need more uplifting stories these days.  Heart

@MaRina It's so cool that the hummingbirds fly around you like that, to let you know they need food. Smart little buggers! LOL

We are so lucky because we have them year round Heart

@MaRina,  I had no idea! I've never seen too many hummingbirds. I just thought they came around spring and left in fall or winter.  It's so great that you have them all year round! 

Trusted Contributor

What an amazing man and dog! That's quite a special bird!!!! 

Loved this and thank you for posting.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Honored Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

This is a feel good story everyone should see!

Rex, the shepard mix, (and his family) rescued this hummingbird

from certain death, now "Hummer", (the hummingbird) won't leave.

Rex himself was rescued a year ago, and a month later he rescued the hummingbird. What's remarkable is, Rex was a feral dog who was wild. He killed cats. It shows what a little love can do.

http://www.rickey.org/hummingbird-refuses-to-leave-adopted-dog-that-rescued-her-amazing-video/294077...

@CaliKat  wonderful story. Smiley Happy  I wonder what the man meant when he said the whole world wanted to kill the hummer, or did he mean the dog.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@CaliKat wrote:

Rex himself was rescued a year ago, and a month later he rescued the hummingbird. What's remarkable is, Rex was a feral dog who was wild. He killed cats. It shows what a little love can do.

http://www.rickey.org/hummingbird-refuses-to-leave-adopted-dog-that-rescued-her-amazing-video/294077...

@CaliKat  wonderful story. Smiley Happy  I wonder what the man meant when he said the whole world wanted to kill the hummer, or did he mean the dog.

@mousiegirl  I wondered that too but figured he meant everyone left it for dead, either thinking it was dead or dying.  Nobody bothered to give it a chance like he did.

Valued Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@CaliKat wrote:

@mousiegirl  I wondered that too but figured he meant everyone left it for dead, either thinking it was dead or dying.  Nobody bothered to give it a chance like he did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@mousiegirl - Sorry I'm so late responding. I can't be certain, but I think the man just meant whatever forces in the world that caused the hummingbird to be injured, and as Pearly said, everyone else who may have seen it, left it for dead.

@Pearlee - I agree with your speculation.

Respected Contributor

I believe all doggies have hearts of gold and are filled with love and kidness.  What a sweet story.

Frequent Contributor

@CaliKat wrote:

love this! thanks @CaliKat!

Honored Contributor

Incredibly heart warming! Thanks for posting!

Super Contributor

Thanks so much for posting this heart warming story.