Esteemed Contributor

Re: Heads up if your ordering from walmart

The bigger issue with big box stores will be supply chain.

With Labor Day being early, back to school shopping, people who shop on the 1st of the month with a pension check..and the now Cat 3 hurricane Dorian will create a lot of havoc with most stores using just in time deliveries.

You have to move 1000 cases of canned veggies or other goods in the midwest to a central distribution center in FL. 

If WM pickup is 7 days out it may be due to restocking issues. Most grocery stores only carry a 3 day supply in their stockroom.

If Katrina, Rita and their cousin Superstorm Sandy didn't teach folks, well, nothing will.

Valued Contributor

@willdob3 It's the impending weather that is a problem. We're anticipating the worst, and they're slammed. Add to that people ordeing water and supplies online.It's a mess.

Respected Contributor

I was just getting ready to place an order.  I'm wondering where their distribution points are for the northeast.  Maybe I'll just toddle over there tomorrow and shop in person although I really don't want to.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

@willdob3 It's the impending weather that is a problem. We're anticipating the worst, and they're slammed. Add to that people ordeing water and supplies online.It's a mess.

@wildlifewitch 

No, not the weather but the people panicking. Big difference. But definitely connected.

Honored Contributor

Based upon the latest track of the hurricane for Florida, nearly the entire east coast will be impacted. IMO, I would avoid ordering from places in Florida for awhile and not press your luck.

dorian.jpg

Honored Contributor

I think ordering may not be as big a problem as delivery or pick-up if you are in Florida. Stay safe and be prepared.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise 

I don’t think that is necessarily good advice. I ordered something yesterday from HSN & it shipped already.

Amazon is taking advantage of the situation by promising me, a Prime member, that they will get my order to me in a week. I couldn’t find an explanation but I am sure it is the reason. But I don’t think it is likely to take a week to get to me unless the storm does something completely unexpected. It is still too early to know just where it will go and even if it will hit land. It might not.

I would suggest that anyone who is concerned contact CS for whatever company they plan to order from if they need something very fast. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Susan Louise 

I don’t think that is necessarily good advice. I ordered something yesterday from HSN & it shipped already.

Amazon is taking advantage of the situation by promising me, a Prime member, that they will get my order to me in a week. I couldn’t find an explanation but I am sure it is the reason. But I don’t think it is likely to take a week to get to me unless the storm does something completely unexpected. It is still too early to know just where it will go and even if it will hit land. It might not.

I would suggest that anyone who is concerned contact CS for whatever company they plan to order from if they need something very fast. 

@willdob3  I look at it quite differently...

Valued Contributor

Agree about the panic. Now those clowns want to return their water, like we dont face this stuff most of the year.