Honored Contributor

Re: Heads up... The Interview is on Netflix

I saw this during the holidays. DS somehow got it on one of the sites, even though it was grainy. It was before all of the comments made about American Sniper.

I thought it was a typical Seth Rogen farce - silly and gross. There was a LOT of bathroom humor, which I didn't like. I sat through it because I wanted to see what the hype was about and I like movies. I also wanted to support "the boycott," and now I'm wondering if Sony made the whole thing up for publicity. The language was unbearable.

Don't waste your time - or your money. I'm SO glad I didn't pay for this! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

Honored Contributor

On 1/25/2015 Irshgrl31201 said:
On 1/25/2015 shoekitty said:
On 1/24/2015 MomOf4 said:

OMG we watched the first hour of this movie and I have never seen a more Stupid, Ridiculous, Obscene movie in my life.

I agree. I don't think I lasted even an hour though. I have like Rogen and Franco movies in the past but this one wasn't good at all.

I haven't watched it. James Franco is a hometown boy, and I really admire him and his parents (who are my age almost). James Franco graduated from my Alma Mater........ 30 years later. He did direct something my granddaughter did (the Labyrinth). He does everything well, but this...IDK. He is creative and "experimental" that's for sure! I don't think even the "inside" chatter is good about this one.

But, I admire you for hanging in there a hour! LOL! Brave girl!

ETA

He did not direct the Labyrinth, he was in it. MY GD played the young girlfriend of someone.. My granddaughter just informed me it will be out sometime this year. Whoops.

Oh wow Shoekitty, that is great. You must be so proud of your granddaughter. I will have to watch it. Has she acted in other things? Of course I won't ask what else she was in to protect her privacy. How exciting though!

RCG, I totally agree that Rogen has as much right to speak out as he wishes and he did. He wasn't arrested, questioned or beaten. People have the right to react too and they did. I agree though, for free speech to be effective there can't be any waivers for any particular party or ideology. I am not seeing where he wasn't allowed to say what he wanted, saying what you want and it being popular are two different things.

Thanks Irish, yes we are proud. Mainly after she was out of college and went to pursue her career, she has supported herself really. Barely, but she does it. She has had small parts on TV shows, and a several films. She has had the lead in an indy. The trouble is, actors do films all the time that are released years later, or go straight to video. Very few films go right into theaters. We are keeping our fingers crossed on the last one.

She is on IMDB.

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 RainCityGirl said:
On 1/25/2015 RainCityGirl said:
On 1/25/2015 shoekitty said:
On 1/24/2015 MomOf4 said:

OMG we watched the first hour of this movie and I have never seen a more Stupid, Ridiculous, Obscene movie in my life.

I agree. I don't think I lasted even an hour though. I have like Rogen and Franco movies in the past but this one wasn't good at all.

I haven't watched it. James Franco is a hometown boy, and I really admire him and his parents (who are my age almost). James Franco graduated from my Alma Mater........ 30 years later. He did direct something my granddaughter did (the Labyrinth). He does everything well, but this...IDK. He is creative and "experimental" that's for sure! I don't think even the "inside" chatter is good about this one.

But, I admire you for hanging in there a hour! LOL! Brave girl!

ETA

He did not direct the Labyrinth, he was in it. MY GD played the young girlfriend of someone.. My granddaughter just informed me it will be out sometime this year. Whoops.

Oh wow Shoekitty, that is great. You must be so proud of your granddaughter. I will have to watch it. Has she acted in other things? Of course I won't ask what else she was in to protect her privacy. How exciting though!

RCG, I totally agree that Rogen has as much right to speak out as he wishes and he did. He wasn't arrested, questioned or beaten. People have the right to react too and they did. I agree though, for free speech to be effective there can't be any waivers for any particular party or ideology. I am not seeing where he wasn't allowed to say what he wanted, saying what you want and it being popular are two different things.

Well, he was compelled to backtrack and apologize after the reactions he got and probably by the same people who were jumping on his bandwagon the week before. I didn't say he wasn't allowed because obviously he said it; my meaning was that the same people who defended free speech with his stupid movie suddenly weren't defending it when he said something they didn't like. I don't even like the guy, so I am not defending him so much as I am pointing out the hypocrisy on his part and on the part of others who contradict themselves on the issue of free speech.

He and Michael Moore backtracked which shows me that neither has b@lls. Michael Moore was even worse in his bactracking because he first says what cowards snipers are on the opening weekend of this movie, like we don't know who he is talking about and then he says he wasn't talking about the movie or Chris Kyle. I mean goodness, we all know it was a dig so stand by it. Have the b@lls to stand by what you say. I have seen people who are disgusted by what both said but they stand by his right to say it. Even friends of Chris who were interviewed said they fought to give people the right to say what they want. People don't have to like it or agree what he says at all to defend what he says.

Yes, but many wanted both of the stopped. There's the irony.

I don't know anyone or have read anyone that wanted them stopped. Disgusted, yes.

OH I do. Many wanted them to shut up about their opinions on this movie, not that I think social media opinions are of any worth.

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 beach-mom said:

I saw this during the holidays. DS somehow got it on one of the sites, even though it was grainy. It was before all of the comments made about American Sniper.

I thought it was a typical Seth Rogen farce - silly and gross. There was a LOT of bathroom humor, which I didn't like. I sat through it because I wanted to see what the hype was about and I like movies. I also wanted to support "the boycott," and now I'm wondering if Sony made the whole thing up for publicity. The language was unbearable.

Don't waste your time - or your money. I'm SO glad I didn't pay for this! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I also wondered that, including taking part in the hacking. Thanks for reinforcing what I thought about the movie from the first time I saw the trailers that Rogen and friends were hyping on various talk shows long before the big kerfuffle occurred.

Esteemed Contributor

My son saw it on netflix, he said its stupid.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles