Valued Contributor

Heads up, Facebook one day scam sale from companies (?QVC) for a limited time period. And question.

[ Edited ]

On Facebook I saw a link this morning for a QVC page, a one day sale for Birkenstocks and very low prices.  I don't know if it really QVC, it didn't take me to QVC.com. If anyone or Admin knows please post. Sorry I lost the link, my computer locked up and needed a refresh.

Recently a friend bought from a Facebook link and page which she trusted to be Wayfair but wasn't and deeper clicks went to a non English language page. She said not worth reporting to cc company.

I have also found an LLBean page on Facebook selling at unreal prices, like $19. for leather fleece slippers. LL Bean is pursuing this illegal site. I had things in my basket till I saw the slipper price and contacted LLBean.

There was also another company which posted on my H.S. site selling alumni tees with a mascot pictured. Each had a limited time offer for buyers to rush their purchase. This is a scam also.

Any input appreciated.

Respected Contributor

Re: Heads up, Facebook one day sale from companies for a limited time period. And question.

Its a scam...Birkenstock is sold on HSN, not QVC.

Valued Contributor

Re: Heads up, Facebook one day sale from companies for a limited time period. And question.

Thank you, I had the feeling it was a scam.  I hope QVC investigates.  Their customers are going to be sending out their credit card numbers...

Trusted Contributor

Re: Heads up, Facebook one day scam sale from companies (?QVC) for a limited time period. And questi

[ Edited ]

As a general rule, if you see an ad like that on Facebook, exit and go directly to the site for the company supposedly having that promo.   You'll figure out very quickly if it is a scam or not.  

Also, the more times you click on those links on social media, the more you will see.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CaChica FB scams are very common. Have been going around for years. Doubt Q will be able to investigate. Takes a lot of time and resources.

Consumers need to be aware of these scams which are routinely reported on the internet, social media and the news.

When it comes to making a purchase if someone thinks it's a scam, it likely is.

Honored Contributor

Re: Heads up, Facebook one day scam sale from companies (?QVC) for a limited time period. And questi

There days we need to be vigilant, scams running rampant.  I just received a notice that a financial institution I invest with locked my account and computer (because of the serial number - which does not match my computer).   I check out obvious scams just as a precaution.  So far, so good....but not how i'd like to be spending my time.

The good news: we are safe, happy, aware, and healthy.  I always look for the pony.

Valued Contributor

I found the page post again on Facebook which appears to be a Scam.

Attention QVC Admin. -

https://www.facebook.com/qvctm1368

which leads here:

QVC's Birkenstock The Sandals Shopping Event One Day

@qvctm1368  · Clothing (Brand)
Honored Contributor

@CaChica 

Suggest you send an email to:  QVCSocialTeam@qvc.com

Copy/paste your post (the one above mine) into your email.  Let the MODS forward to the PTB that will handle that sort of thing.

OR

Snail mail your concerns to:

Qurate Retail Group

c/o John C. Malone, Chairman

Greg Maffei, President & CEO

Mike George, CEO

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

There are a zillion scam ads on FB; the old rule applies:"If it sounds to be true it isnt".  When I see an obvious scam I always report it to FB; if enough of us do that, it may he!p.  Today alone I've seen $19.99 Dooneys, $29.99 Samsung S22 phones and $29.99 Birkies.

Esteemed Contributor

I've had a similar experience with FB.  I saw an ad for something from Jockey but I don't order from FB links so I went to the Jockey website and the item was nonexistent there.