Honored Contributor

Re: Heads Up. Meat shortage coming.

@BeautyLver wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Spurt 

Oh never mind.  If you run out of meat and can't find any, I don't want to I hear about it here.  Read the news and educate yourself.

2B4C1611-0E94-462E-BCAC-5A6983BE3DDC.jpeg

F73A0665-44A2-4BAD-A8F8-9BBE554E0738.jpeg

Good grief...when and IF there is a shortage of anything moving forward, everyone  will survive.  The world isn't ending!!  There are all kinds of protein sources.  Everyone will manage.  We have everything we need to survive at our fingertips.  One phone call and we can have tons of whatever delivered to our doorstep.  People before us have endured, made sacrifices we cannot even imagine.  

My question to you is.. Who would you call to get a ton of food delivered to your doorstep?  I know of no such place, at least not in my area.  If you want to order groceries, there are no delivery dates within the next two weeks.

And, if the product is not available at the stores or Amazon or anywhere else on line what is this mysterious phone number I can call to get delivery?

There are still some posters who need supplies, I am betting they want the number too. Please share.

Respected Contributor

I am personally grateful for this thread because I've needed a goad to get my chest freezer moved into the main part of the basement and hooked up. I have an alarm to put in it so if there's a malfunction I can act quickly and start cooking. 

Once it's freezing, I'm going to stock up on meat and poultry. It'll do wonders for my mental health, allaying shortage anxiety. I did it with paper towels, I can do it with ground chuck and chicken thighs. There is nothing wrong with that. It's not hoarding, it's sensible provisioning in the face of supply uncertainty.

Here's to survival!

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

If only we had someone overseeing all this mess, making a National Plan. ☹️☹️☹️

I agree and have been saying so all along. It's fine to have the national medical mouth pieces theoretically coordinating management, such as it is, of the virus research, teatment and so on, but leaving supply chain issues up to the governors is so not working... Not working at all...

@Drythe  I'm so sorry. I think I've just about gone around the bend with this mess. Me bad, it completely went past me that I was quoting your comment earlier about the need for a national authority or plan... But yes, we do agree... What can I say, it's been a long few months for all of us...

Smiley Happy

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Yes, they have been talking about it for weeks now the news station I listen to.  A beef auction gentleman was interviewed and said that beef, chicken & pork would be affected.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Hey to you, Mr Surfer, and Big 💋 to Mr. Toby!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@SurferWife 

Hey to you, Mr Surfer, and Big 💋 to Mr. Toby!

@SurferWife 

Need a Toby Photo when you have time. 😀

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Hey @Drythe!  We are doing well. Toby hurt his leg, but is taking the pity thing a bit too far.  When I'm not looking he is fine.  When he sees me looking, out comes the limp!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

If only we had someone overseeing all this mess, making a National Plan. ☹️☹️☹️

I agree and have been saying so all along. It's fine to have the national medical mouth pieces theoretically coordinating management, such as it is, of the virus research, teatment and so on, but leaving supply chain issues up to the governors is so not working... Not working at all...

@Drythe  I'm so sorry. I think I've just about gone around the bend with this mess. Me bad, it completely went past me that I was quoting your comment earlier about the need for a national authority or plan... But yes, we do agree... What can I say, it's been a long few months for all of us...

Smiley Happy

@stevieb 

Not a problem, it’s a bend many of us are going around.

It has been a journey for which I can find no printable adjective.

Be Safe ~ Be Well

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe  You too... Take good care... At this point, it's really all we can do... And yes, there are no words to describe thiis experience... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

Hey @Drythe!  We are doing well. Toby hurt his leg, but is taking the pity thing a bit too far.  When I'm not looking he is fine.  When he sees me looking, out comes the limp!

@SurferWife 

A friend is owned by the Pope of dogs in his breed. Apparently dog decided he was tired of the whole show thing, He (dog) developed a ‘limp’ which only showed up in the ring.

They are NO dummies!

*** I’m not a big supporter of dog shows...

Best Wishes!