Honored Contributor

Re: Heads Up. Meat shortage coming.

@SharkE   Stop with if this is your belief stuff.  I really don't care if you wanna buy meat or not. And for your info, my freezers are always full.  I even freeze cherries from my tree and corn and peppers from my garden. I have precooked meals, tomato sauce, soups, homemade cookies and you name it, I probably have it. This isn't new for me, It something I have always done.

I do not hoard and don't intend to start.  I just keep a well stocked pantry and freezer and why do you assume it's with red meat?

No wonder posters are leaving the boards.  I guess they get tired of getting jumped on.

Knock it off.  I am just stating what is in the news locally and what I have heard.  If you don't wanna hear about it, then close your eyes and don't read about it

And, for your information since you mentioned it, we have generators so I am not worried about losing power.

We are all just trying to survive.

Honored Contributor

@desertrat8 wrote:

So happy ro hear that....now we won't be able to toilet paper OR meat.  What's next???

Bread lines.  The hoarders will be out in  full force.  This is ceasing to be laughable.  OPEN THE COUNTRY UP!  I doubt that the DRS. will go without.

you are implying that doctors are buying up all of the tp and meat?  😏

Honored Contributor

This shortage of meat will affect processed frozen goods...lunch meat...canned goods...and think about pet food....it is not just the beef we buy.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunSprite  I agree, and think that at the request of enough customers via Twitter and other forms of social media, they will. Let's hope they too, learned from the TP / FLOURgate crisis.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pee pool

@stevieb 

I feel gratitude for my Governor and all the others who stepped up to do the right thing.  No ducking and dodging for them.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@SharkE   Stop with if this is your belief stuff.  I really don't care if you wanna buy meat or not. And for your info, my freezers are always full.  I even freeze cherries from my tree and corn and peppers from my garden. I have precooked meals, tomato sauce, soups, homemade cookies and you name it, I probably have it. This isn't new for me, It something I have always done.

I do not hoard and don't intend to start.  I just keep a well stocked pantry and freezer and why do you assume it's with red meat?

No wonder posters are leaving the boards.  I guess they get tired of getting jumped on.

Knock it off.  I am just stating what is in the news locally and what I have heard.  If you don't wanna hear about it, then close your eyes and don't read about it

And, for your information since you mentioned it, we have generators so I am not worried about losing power.

Sounds like your doing pretty well. The mods will be the ones to poof the thread and they "will knock it off". 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie 

"Thank you" for posting this to start encouraging HOARDING!!! Woman Frustrated

Lets present ALL the facts----

DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Meat isn't going to disappear from supermarkets because of outbreaks of the coronavirus among workers at U.S. slaughterhouses.  Consumers could face less selection and slightly higher prices, even as they try to dispel concerns about shortages.

The meat-processing industry has been able to shift production to open plants to keep a stream of meat moving through the supply chain, said Sarah Little, of the North American Meat Institute. Some plants that closed have reopened after deep cleanings.

“When one plant goes off-line, the others in the region can try and pick up the slack,” Little said.

The situation would be more dire if not for record amounts of meat in cold storage, though much of the meat was intended for restaurants that now are largely closed.

The USDA last week reported 921 million pounds of chicken in storage and 467 million pounds of boneless beef, including hamburger, roasts and steaks. Before much of that meat could be sold at markets, it would need to be repackaged because restaurants buy in greater bulk than individuals. Some of the meat would need to be cut by grocery store meat cutters and packaged for customers to take home.

In late March, the USDA eased restrictions to allow for meat that had been intended for commercial food use to be diverted into the grocery store channels for consumers The industry sought these changes in mid-March after brief meat shortages caused by the coronavirus panic sent people scurrying to grocery stores.

“By and large, there’s been enough food," said Jayson Lusk, an economist at Purdue University. “You might not get your exact variety that you want or the exact type you want, but there’s been food available if you have the money to buy it.”

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@SharkE   If I heard inside information you can be sure that thousands of others have too.

The difference between meat and TP is that people need a freezer to store it.  You can't buy and hoard more than you have room for. It is extremely perishable.

I suggest you buy an extra pound of ground round for those cheeseburgers you are so fond of.  Fast food places and resturants will not be able to get any either.

I have two deep freezers.  Both are filled.  I only have room for a few pounds of chicken breasts. That is all I have room for.

In my area, any pound of ground beef would be an extra pound of ground beef... I haven't been able to find it for weeks... And now, one can only assume the problem will become worse, both because of a possible actual shortage, and thanks to the incessant fear mongering, jackholes everywhere will be over-stocking their freezers with more than they need and to hell with everyone else...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

Sounds like your doing pretty well. The mods will be the ones to poof the thread and they "will knock it off". 

@SharkE, hopefully they won't have a bee in their bonnet like some of the protesters here but instead deem it informational.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

More joy. What's next, the plague of locusts or fireballs shooting out of the sky...

@stevieb 

That huge asteroid is getting closer to Earth but they "think" it will bypass us and be far enough away....

The Arecibo Observatory got a good visual on the big space rock that's going to fly by Earth next week on April 29. 

@Spurt  Well, maybe not... I understand one of the fringe religious oracles is predicting 'the rapture' for sometime this month... Maybe this is the big one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...