Honored Contributor

Re: Head of Port Authority in NY has Coronavirus

@lovescats wrote:

New York  Attorney General Letitia James’s office sent a cease-and-desist order to Jim Bakker Tuesday ordering him to stop promoting “Silver Solution” as a remedy for the coronavirus.

During a Feb. 12 episode of the “The Jim Bakker Show,” guest Sherrill Sellman claimed that Silver Solution was able to eliminate some strains of the coronavirus.

People trying to make a buck off this potential crisis, make my blood boil. 😡

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@lovescats wrote:

New York  Attorney General Letitia James’s office sent a cease-and-desist order to Jim Bakker Tuesday ordering him to stop promoting “Silver Solution” as a remedy for the coronavirus.

During a Feb. 12 episode of the “The Jim Bakker Show,” guest Sherrill Sellman claimed that Silver Solution was able to eliminate some strains of the coronavirus.

It also turns you blue if you ingest enough of it. What a joker and a huckster.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Sadly, I know many people pushing that silver stuff for cures and treatment of numerous medical conditions. It's scary.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

Okay ,i got to tell you this about the silver solution, my kooper was 14 at the time ,got a small tumor in one of his eyes,vet wanted to operate, i was scared to because of his age, i researched, and found it had helped  other dog owners ,so i started putting drops in his eye,in a matter of weeks it dissolved the tumor, he lived  until about 15.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@JJsMom wrote:

Sadly, I know many people pushing that silver stuff for cures and treatment of numerous medical conditions. It's scary.

And essential oils. It's not that these types of products can't do anything beneficial. It's just that people try to sell them as cures for everything. Whatever threat is being discussed in the news, my blabbity blah will fix you. Pure snake oil at that point.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Fordham University in NY has suspended classes because of an undergraduate student possibly showing symptoms of having the virus.
You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:
Fordham University in NY has suspended classes because of an undergraduate student possibly showing symptoms of having the virus.

I heard on the radio that Columbia University is closed as well.

Honored Contributor

A priest in Washington, DC has tested positive for coronavirus.  He attended services this weekend with 550 people.  The DC Mayor is advising anyone who attended, to self-quarantine for 14 days.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mj12 wrote:

A priest in Washington, DC has tested positive for coronavirus.  He attended services this weekend with 550 people.  The DC Mayor is advising anyone who attended, to self-quarantine for 14 days.

That is way over the top.  And they wonder why there is all this panic.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

It's not "over the top" at all if the reporting is accurate that this priest shook hands with hundreds of people. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"