Trusted Contributor

Re: He was Drunk and Sick...

OMG, I didn't know that.
Honored Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:
Terrier, what pictures?

Pictures of Rick Matt dead.

A local radio talk show guy knows a lot of the troopers assigned to the case. He said that often LE will take personal pictures of guys they bring down and send them to their friends. On Friday he was hoping he would get sent a picture and said that he has pictures of other people who were killed.

I personally think that it is sick and unprofessional to take personal pictures like that - and to share them with other people.

Trusted Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:
The unit from Vermont might have left because Vermont didn't want to pay anymore overtime.
Could the guy who was killed have killed the other before he was killed?

FYI - It wasn't a unit from the state of Vermont. They were federal agents - from the

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Tactical Unit. They may have been assigned to work the Vermont/Canadian border, but they didn't work for the state.

I didn't mean to imply that they were VT state employees,  I do realize that border patrol units are feds, sorry for the implication..

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Honored Contributor

@cancun08 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:
The unit from Vermont might have left because Vermont didn't want to pay anymore overtime.

FYI - It wasn't a unit from the state of Vermont. They were federal agents - from the

U.S. Customs and Border Protection Tactical Unit. They may have been assigned to work the Vermont/Canadian border, but they didn't work for the state.

I didn't mean to imply that they were VT state employees,  I do realize that border patrol units are feds, sorry for the implication..

Usually after any kind of a shooting, the officers involved stand down and get counseling. It's traumatic to kill anyone - even a criminal.

Honored Contributor

terrier3 wrote:

A local radio talk show guy knows a lot of the troopers assigned to the case. He said that often LE will take personal pictures of guys they bring down and send them to their friends. On Friday he was hoping he would get sent a picture and said that he has pictures of other people who were killed.

I personally think that it is sick and unprofessional to take personal pictures like that - and to share them with other people.

(bolded by me)  I do too!    There is just something about that, that says something extremely unappealing about the person who does such a thing.   It reminds me of the 'macho' guy who just killed an animal, holding them up, smiling, and taking a picture of himself with the dead animal.

I'm not offering any reverence for the deceased criminal.  Not even at all.  It doesn't speak to ANYTHING about him.  It speaks profoundly negatively of the guy who killed him, taking trophy pictures.  Nauseating.

Respected Contributor

I think they need to get Sweat alive to get more info on how this happened, so that measures can be put in place to prevent this in the future.  At this point it's really not about these guys anymore.  It's about preventing something similar in the future.  If that means personnel review, hiring more personnel, stronger supervision, etc, it needs to be done.  

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Frequent Contributor

Hi Terrier! Good to hear everything was busy in Old forge ! I have a house on the lake Hollywood Hills! small world ! Was up there day after the escape. Scared  the poo out of me . Not lots of people up yet! Pepper spray  and crazy looking around walking the shihtzu. Can't wait to get Sweat figured  out..... Hope he is caught soon want to go up for 4th!  Maryanne

Honored Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

@cancun08 wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@lovescats wrote:

Usually after any kind of a shooting, the officers involved stand down and get counseling. It's traumatic to kill anyone - even a criminal.

You are right my daughters partner, had to shoot a man, that was stabbing his girl friend. They both died. My daughter and her partner had to get counceling. He never got past it, and died a few years later from leukemia

Being a cop is a hard life

Honored Contributor

@keeper of the koi wrote:

Hi Terrier! Good to hear everything was busy in Old forge ! I have a house on the lake Hollywood Hills! small world ! Was up there day after the escape. Scared  the poo out of me . Not lots of people up yet! Pepper spray  and crazy looking around walking the shihtzu. Can't wait to get Sweat figured  out..... Hope he is caught soon want to go up for 4th!  Maryanne

What a small world! My friends camp is between Thendara and Old Forge - on the left of 28 - you are on the right, I think?

Another friend has a woodwork/antique shop in Old Forge and lives in Eagle Bay year round.

Honored Contributor

Maybe matt killed his partner.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.