Respected Contributor

Re: He's taunting me !

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I have been dealing with this for several weeks now ! As I look outside of my patio window there is a honey bee who keeps flying to the window and peering in. So I bought bee insecticide and placed it on my living room table waiting to spray the "H" out of him because I'm afraid to go out to the patio for fear of being stung. I think he sees the can on the table (blinds are open) and he knows I have to open the patio door which gives him time to fly away at least out of the range of the spray. Everytime I open the patio door he takes off far enough so when I spray he doesn't get hit. So after trying to spray him again and again, I sit down on the sofa which faces the patio window and he comes back and hovers at the window looking in at me and I swear he's laughing !!  One day I will get that sucker !!  

Leave the bee alone.  If it does sting you you'll be okay unless you're allergic to bee stings.  In that case give yourself the epinephrine injection.   Otherwise, you will be fine.  I've been stung by wasps, bumblebees and hornets.  It's no fun, but it didn't kill me.  @Goodie2shoes 

Honored Contributor

I have those carpenter bees around my front porch.  

It’s amazing how quickly they can bore holes into wood.

I’m like many of you, I haven’t been stung in years.

My nephew is deathly allergic to bees.  It’s not like he goes looking to get stung, but he has been and almost died.

I remember I never had allergies or didn’t know it.  Then when I was pregnant with my first daughter, I had to get tested.  I was ver, very allergic to many things but none was food thank goodness.

I opted out for shots til my daughter was born.  

The allergist said allergies are hard to convince people they have allergies.

Respected Contributor

To those who tell the OP it's no big deal if she gets stung, I totally disagree.  Some people are deathly allergic to bee stings and need to be careful. I'm one who is.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

To those who tell the OP it's no big deal if she gets stung, I totally disagree.  Some people are deathly allergic to bee stings and need to be careful. I'm one who is.

@KKJ    If that is the case,she should have her Epinephrine (EpiPen) ready.  Otherwise, a bee sting will not kill you.

Respected Contributor

@KKJ  wrote:To those who tell the OP it's no big deal if she gets stung, I totally disagree. Some people are deathly allergic to bee stings and need to be careful. I'm one who is.

Thanks so much for your concern, I really appreciate it. Thank goodness at 70 yrs old I have never been stung by a bee so I don't know if I would have a reaction but I am certainly not looking to find out !

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT  Not The Twilight Zone.  The Outer Limits.   Episode called ZZZZ.

Maybe that bee is coveting the Chipendale?

Just hope no one gets stung.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittykatkay wrote:

Try to avoid them, but PLEASE do NOT hurt them.

See the source image

I have been so excited because we are actually seeing a lot of bees at my house. Last year, we hardly saw any. I love bees, we are not allergic though. 

Trusted Contributor

@Goodie2shoes. I completely understand how you feel!  I am petrified of bees, wasps and hornets!  You should go out at dusk and from a distance see if you can see any of the critters getting into any cracks or holes in your siding or foundation.  I've been invaded a few times by wasps and they worked their way into the house through the bathroom exhaust fan.  Not fun!!!

I would also suggest that you get the cute outfit below.  Then stand by the window holding a sign that reads "I am not afraid of you.".  Maybe he'll leave then???   😉  Good luck, and be careful!

412_1__03218.1570824343.jpg

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@kittykatkay wrote:

Try to avoid them, but PLEASE do NOT hurt them.

See the source image

I have been so excited because we are actually seeing a lot of bees at my house. Last year, we hardly saw any. I love bees, we are not allergic though. 

@happycat I would be excited to see honeybees too.  I haven't seen any in a couple of years.  I get bumblebees.  I put up a mason bee house too. I have a pollinator garden

I used to feel like I was being stalked by red wasps.  I decided it must me my red hair.  I thnk they thought it was the mother nest.

Honored Contributor

@Goodie2shoes    Carpenter bees are harmless and don't sting.  I lived with a bunch of them on my townhouse patio for years.  They were never aggressive.  I'd walk right through the middle of them. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment