Respected Contributor

Re: He made her day!❤️❤️

@SharkE wrote:

if a man holds the door for me I think he thinks I'm old.

LOL

If a man holds the door for me I always say "what a gentleman, thank you"

Respected Contributor

Last Sunday as I was leaving church, I just had to go up to this elderly woman ( I'm 78 ! ) and wish her a Happy St. Patrick's Day.....she had on a green top, beautiful white scarf with green shamrocks, and tiny green shamrock earrings.  She was surprised but seemed to really appreciate my comment.

What surprised me the most was that no else at church had any token green on to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

A couple of weeks ago I was on a long line at the supermarket..There was a friendly older man behind me and we chatted for a few minutes..They finally opened up another register..The man said "go ahead we've been here long enough".I thanked him and said"my husband must think I died in here"..That man moved to another line!..The young girl at the register"do you know that man was trying to pick you up"..I laughed and said I may be old but I'm not dead yet!!

Maybe he does that on a regular basis?

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Franklinbell !  I'm doing a series of reflections for Lent and the experiences described in your post and those that follow are Holy Moments.  God bless those who take the time to recognize and lift others up.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

These posts have been so heart warming to read! It kinda restores your faith in the human spirit!💕💕

Respected Contributor

We always remember something when it makes our day, even when it is just a simple word or kind gesture. That's all it takes sometimes.

Respected Contributor

@Trailrun23 @Yes!

Contributor

Years ago when I was a school secretary, an employee was leaving for another job.  We had had a friendly work relationship for a few years. He stopped in my office and he said to me, "You really are pretty."  It was the last time I saw him but I have never forgotten his kind words to me.

Valued Contributor

@SharkE   Not me! If a man holds the door for me, in my view he's a gentleman!

Honored Contributor

That, he is, but, I feel he thinks "old broad probably can't open that door". LOL