Esteemed Contributor

I think this is the same guy who tried to get the Beverely Hills doctors on Botched to do something. They told him no and warned him that sooner or later all this surgery will catch up to him and the results will be dire and perhaps life threatening. I truly believe that this is an illness with people who are obsessed with constant body mutilation to achieve "perfection." They will never find it because it's the imperfection in their thinking that is ongoing. Do they hate themselves THAT much?

Esteemed Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

What kind of person starts a thread to mock someone's physical appearance?  

Cherry doesn't "MOCK" anyone. This is a man who has sought out publicity for mutilating his body in an attempt to find elusive perfection.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see the article, as I won't go to that website, but I am familiar with him from the E! show.

I agree with another poster that this is a pretty clear case of BDD.  Clearly, there are some additional psychological manifestations involved.

It's a shame the damage he's doing, but it's his body so I don't feel like I can judge or advise.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

He's not the only person who goes in for extreme plastic surgery.  There have been several women, one who wanted to look like a cat.

It can become an OCD problem.

It is more than likely body dysmorphic disorder. Until he gets the proper treatment, sadly he will probably continue the behavior.

Mental illness, unfortunately, continues to carry a stigma.

Yes, I think so, too, @Trinity11.  It reminds me of Michael Jackson's issue.

Esteemed Contributor

Not sure what look he's been going for, but I think he may have gotten ripped off.....

Trusted Contributor

@Leiloni wrote:

You say you're not making fun, I see no reason for a post. REALLY!

@Leiloni wrote:

You say you're not making fun, I see no reason for a post. REALLY!

I didn't know about this guy, and find this all interesting.  Never occured to me that anyone was making fun of him here.

Trusted Contributor

This man isn't one who was born with a deformity, he chose to make himself like this and his looney friends are footing the bill. When someone decides to make himself into a freak, it's open season. He wants ppl to look at him, write about him, I doubt he cares if it's good or bad, just so he gets a headline. With some ppl, it's all about them.

Esteemed Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Not sure what look he's been going for, but I think he may have gotten ripped off.....

As I remember from his appearance on Botched, he has had ab implants, and even had ribs removed. So,it's not just his face that was tampered with. Before all this, he was actually a nice looking guy who really needed no plastic surgery.

Honored Contributor

This is mental illness, just like being 600lbs. is an illness. It is so sad that we cannot take better care of our fellow man than this. To me the surgeon who worked on this guy should be jailed.