Honored Contributor

Re: He Lied... about his age....

@missy1 wrote:

Op didn't snoop and  look in his wallet. The license was in plain sight.

In plain sight is no defense. A license is small as is the birth date so it was more than a mere glance and was followed by a bit of math. 

I think this man would be better off with someone more understanding.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

Op didn't snoop and  look in his wallet. The license was in plain sight.

In plain sight is no defense. A license is small as is the birth date so it was more than a mere glance and was followed by a bit of math. 

I think this man would be better off with someone more understanding.

I am glad the op found out. I would be upset if my man told me that lie. It's not a few years, but 10! Those 10 years could explain intimacy issues.

Esteemed Contributor

Shaving 10 years off your age is not one of those silly little lies. It is deeply deceitful and speaks to character.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hugs (((QVCalm)))

I hope you feel better.

If everything else is going well I think I would forgive the age lie but the problem is is this the the only lie he told?

If you stay make it very clear to him lies are deal breakers!

Good luck with everything. Heart

Respected Contributor

@QVCalm

many, many years ago i had the same exact thing happen to me.  the man i was dating told me he was younger than he really was when in actuality he was 8 years older.  i had the same reaction as you.  the reason he lied was because he thought i might think he was too old for me.

in the end, it didn't make any difference, but i never really trusted him after that.

Honored Contributor

I do not agree that lying about age ,does not matter, it would make me wonder what else has he been lying about.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

Lying about your age when you are 74 is really weird to me.  Like, sociopath weird. he broke up with you, then recanted...he got caught in his lie so dumped you?  I'd stay far away from this one.  Just my opinion, but he sounds really strange.

Honored Contributor

Your drivers license is a legal official document isn't it?  I would be worried about that,  I think.

Esteemed Contributor

There are several sites, ie, intelius.com - where u type in the person's name, city/state and their age comes up. I suggest u join eHarmony.com --- u fill out an application form and ur matched with men who are compatible. My neighbor Louise met her husband on this site - when she was 60 yrs old and he was 63. On August 14th, they celebrate 10 yrs of marriage. They were PERFECTLY matched. They both had long, miserable marriages for over 25 years -- and now they're so happy together.

Honored Contributor

The part that doesn't sit well with me is he didn't tell you.  You found out by accident, then he wouldn't talk about it.  He had the opportunity to come clean and wouldn't.  If this is just a relationship for companionship, I would talk with him about saving the relationship.  If the relationship was heading toward a commitment, I think I'd let it go.  Best of luck on whatever you chose to do.