Honored Contributor

Re: Hayrides, apple picking and pumpkin picking.

@chiclet wrote:

Most every outfit would be good to wear doing these things according to almost every host.  I don't do any of those things where I live but they sound lovely.  I would never have figured out what to wear doing those things with the hosts help.....

So tired of hearing this and honesly i pay little to no attention to their "what to do in this outfit" routine.  Take the kids to school, run to the store, walk the dog, go get coffee.  

I need no ideas or suggestions where to wear my clothing.  And while on the subject, I'm sick of pumpkin spice anything.  Some of the food I've seen listed sounds disgusting.  

Respected Contributor

They missed their calling...should be writing Hallmark channel movie scripts.

Frequent Contributor

so true. I live in Az. Kids sweat in their Halloween costumes. We wear shorts and a t-shirt to get a pumpkin and our apples from the grocery store. And flip flops. Tired of the boots in August. And Barn jackets.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Surely everyone knows by now that you MUST have a new wardrobe every year to go pick pumpkins and apples.  It must be dedicated to this purpose only. 

LOLSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Surely everyone knows by now that you MUST have a new wardrobe every year to go pick pumpkins and apples.  It must be dedicated to this purpose only. 

Allrighty then, I'm off to shop.  LOL

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Doesn't bother me in the least -- they're sales people, what do you want them to say? They're simply pointing out the "seasonality" of some clothing due to the color, fabric, etc. Doesn't mean you can ONLY wear it to do such activities. And, yes, some people do like to wear a flannel shirt or an orange sweatshirt or whatnot when they go to the pumpkin patch (like the one shown in the photo) or to an area with apple picking/cider, etc. Or, as @wilma mentioned, to a harvest festival (our elementary school had one every year), craft fair, etc. We used to go to the Pumpkin Festival in Half Moon Bay, CA every fall, and you'd better believe people there were out and about in their fall/pumpkin-y apparel!

Honored Contributor

I have NEVER gone apple picking or hayriding--did the pumpkin patch thing once when my kids were little---was a disaster--mud up to our knees, one kid fell face first in the mud and me alone with them both,  tryng to pick up a muddy kid, corale the other who was an expert  in mud jumping,  and carry pumpkins back to the car---never went again--found the perfect pumpkins at our local grocery store---end of story!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

i get my apples and pumpkins from the local grocery store.....no special attire needed........lol....

@nana59   With you on that, but I do get my apples from an orchard about a mile from me only because it's hard to find Jonathans in the store.  I like them for apple crisp, yum! 

Pumpkin.........Libby's in the can makes delicious pumpkin pies.  Always what Mom used.  Sure wish my crust would be as good as hers!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624 

And don't forget the coordinating handbag to complete the outfit...its the piece de resistance! ..😉

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here in South Texas in the rural communites around our city there are hayrides and corn mazes...But I think the majority of apple and pumpkin picking is done at the grocery store sorry QVC no one wears a special outfit.

Although we dont have much of a fall/autumn, there are a few pumpkin patches around and some of the money from pumpkin sales goes to charity... 

316444-Puppy-In-The-Pumpkin-Patch.jpg

IMG_5044-500x375.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”