Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Be careful with your very small dogs and puppies.  Hawks will pick them up too...for dinner!

@Foxxee 

We have many posts about this on Nextdoor.com.  I live in an older, very populated suburb, not rural at all, but the hawks are really bold.  Many a story about attempts to snatch up small dogs.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

The hawk was looking for food.  Apparently thought it was a small animal zipping back and forth.  

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

The hawk was looking for food.  Apparently thought it was a small animal zipping back and forth.  

I agree but once he found out that he could not have the car for lunch you would think he'd look elsewhere instead of riding it for a bit and trying to lift it again lol.  And then to glare down on it from the rooftop too!

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

I agree but once he found out that he could not have the car for lunch you would think he'd look elsewhere instead of riding it for a bit and trying to lift it again lol.  And then to glare down on it from the rooftop too!

He would not realize that it was not edible immediately.  By watching and planning another attack strategy he may have gotten dinner.  Wild animals/birds are masters of observation and finding ways to survive by adapting to changing environments.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.