Honored Contributor

Having trouble with a company

There is this beverage company in New York that has certain beverages that are difficult to get anyplace else.  I was astonished by the low prices.  I ordered a case of this beverage (it's a flavor by Snapple) and I received pretty well.  The reviews on the site were all positive.  I ordered again,  This time I received the product but was a little slow in the shipment.  Finally I ordered again this time requesting 2 cases of the beverage.  This was back in the beginning of April and I haven't received it.  No matter how many times I sent them emails and calling them.  They promised they would send it  but they don't.  Finally for the first time ever, I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charge.  Hoping something will happen if I they get my CC attention.  

I googled reviews of this company and found a whole slew of people saying this company was a scam, horrible, never got my order, etc.

Since this is the first time I ever had to do this, I was wondering what any of you would do in this situation.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Having trouble with a company

All that comes to mind is what you already did.   Hopefully, your credit card takes the money back from them if they don't make good.  That's about all you can do, AFAIK.    What's a shame is that you just want the product and that doesn't seem to be happening.

I wonder where/why it started going downhill.    It started out well and then it was just one thing, then another, etc.   Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I would do exactly what you did.  Call your CC and dispute the charge.  I would find another supplier and not deal with this company again. You've seen they have become unreliable.

Valued Contributor

You can report them to the NY comptroller for them to investigate.

Super Contributor

@songbird  I made a dispute with my credit card company after waiting 3 weeks for a shipment from a company that turned out to be a scam and I got my money back rather quickly.  I hope your dispute is resolved quickly too and you can find the product at a more reputable company.  Keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I would do exactly what you did.  Call your CC and dispute the charge.  I would find another supplier and not deal with this company again. You've seen they have become unreliable.

I will never order with them again.  I checked the Better Business Bureau.  It give them  a 31/2 out of a 5.  They'e been in business for 6 years.  Amazon sells this beverage but it's expensive there.  $42.00 for 12 bottles.  I got this company googling around.  24 bottles for $26.00.  I ordered two case of it so it cost me $52.00.  My CC told me I was no longer liable for the charge.  Wait until April 24, 2018.  If I receive it before then, call the CC company and it will be finished.  If I don't receive it, they will go after the company.  Hoping by contacting my CC company it will grab their attention.

Trusted Contributor

You’ve done it right to get your money back. It will probably be resolved in your favor by the credit card company. Building a record of complaints and keeping documentation of the order/delivery patterns helps your case. Good consumer action. 

And, of course, if you can find out about scam companies by researching them and seeing bad reviews and low ratings after you place an order and then get burned, you can do the same before you are scammed. It’s right to look for resources to purchase from online, but also to make sure they are trustworthy in advance.  

Let us know how how it turns out. (Maybe we need to know the name of the company to avoid?)

Esteemed Contributor

You should report them to the Better Business Bureau!! New York has an excellent one!! Good luck 👍!!

Esteemed Contributor

@songbird, I had a similar problem with a company and started by messaging them on FB.  I did get a response from my first message but none after that and never received the product. I then called the company and left several messages.  Then, I did what you did by contacting my credit card company.  I finally contacted the Better Business Bureau and they investigated.  At that point, I received a refund on my credit card.  It was a lot of work to get that refund.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I will never order with them again.  I checked the Better Business Bureau.  It give them  a 31/2 out of a 5.  They'e been in business for 6 years.  Amazon sells this beverage but it's expensive there.  $42.00 for 12 bottles.  I got this company googling around.  24 bottles for $26.00.  I ordered two case of it so it cost me $52.00.  My CC told me I was no longer liable for the charge.  Wait until April 24, 2018.  If I receive it before then, call the CC company and it will be finished.  If I don't receive it, they will go after the company.  Hoping by contacting my CC company it will grab their attention.

Disputing the charge will result in cancelling your order. I would have waited longer. Their problem was they undercharged and are losing money rather than showing a profit.