Honored Contributor

Re: Having gas on an airplane ride

I have always thought it would be horrific to return from a vacation with an intentional problem and a long flight to endure..the bathroom is always busy and what if you couldn't wait?

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I have always thought it would be horrific to return from a vacation with an intentional problem and a long flight to endure..the bathroom is always busy and what if you couldn't wait?

I assume you mean an intestinal problem?  Because this did happen to me on a return trip from Mexico many years ago.  I was so careful until the last few days of the trip.  then let down my guard and ate and drank whatever, and was feeling ill on the way home.  Fortunately for me....home was not that far away.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

EW.  That's something that can be held you know.

I wouldn't use a bathroom on a plane if you paid me.

Or take a drink from a flight attendent, for that matter.

As we age, the harder it is to "hold it", if not impossible at times!!

Honored Contributor

Problem solved. Smiley Wink

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

@Preds wrote:

Problem solved. Smiley Wink

@Preds, it's a good thing "they" never let the two of us get together, I don't think we'd stop laughing. I knew you'd arise to the occasion on this one! ROFLOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

EW.  That's something that can be held you know.

I wouldn't use a bathroom on a plane if you paid me.

Or take a drink from a flight attendent, for that matter.

No, it can't always be held in.

If you are on a long flight, or you are told to stay in your seat, because of turbulence, you can't just get up whenever you want on a flight.

It's just excess air that your body is getting rid of.

There is nothing "gross" about it. It's 100% natural.

Everybody farts.

The President farts.

I fart, and even you fart.

As far as not using the lav on a plane, again, if you are on a long flight, and your bladder needs to be emptied, you WILL use the lav.

Which do you prefer?

Wet yourself, right there in your seat, or your health, because you were bound and determined not to use the lav?

Given those choices, using a lav isn't so bad.

Respected Contributor

@Preds wrote:

b0201.gif

Valued Contributor

It would be embarassing, I suppose, to have the oxygen masks drop in the cabin merely due to the passenger in Seat 34c. lol

Honored Contributor

I always thought when people have a flatulence problem, they took something like Gas-X !!    It contains simethicone which breaks down gas in your intestines and relieves the problem fairly quickly.

Perhaps airplane bathrooms should have those little machines that sell individual doses of pain relievers, antacids, gas relief pills, etc etc etc etc etc.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I always thought when people have a flatulence problem, they took something like Gas-X !!    It contains simethicone which breaks down gas in your intestines and relieves the problem fairly quickly.

Perhaps airplane bathrooms should have those little machines that sell individual doses of pain relievers, antacids, gas relief pills, etc etc etc etc etc.

Sometimes those meds work and sometimes they don't.

I would rather someone passed gas next to me than puke.