Trusted Contributor
Have you had one removed even if it didn’t look suspicious?
Respected Contributor

Yes, I have.  I had one under my arm that I kept cutting when I shaved.  I asked the doctor to remove and he did. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, I had 2 removed from my face; one seemed to be darkening and one seemed to be getting bigger.   They were simply sliced away and biopsied as benign moles.  

Valued Contributor

Yes, many.  No big deal at all.  The mole is always sent to be biopsied even if the dermatologist assures you it's nothing.  

Trusted Contributor
I’m having two removed on Tuesday, but I’m feeling anxious that the biopsy will come back with something. I know that it’s silly to feel that way because I would be better off knowing if there was a problem, but it just makes me very nervous.
Valued Contributor

Re: Having a mole removed?

[ Edited ]

@Sue98, I'm the same way.  I usually think I'm dying of something at any given moment lol.  Thankfully everything has always come back fine.  The dermatologist can usually tell if something looks funky.  Funny you brought this up though.  I just saw one on my chest that scabbed but I vaguely recall scratching it so....I will have the dr check it out soon.

Trusted Contributor

@Carol Diane wrote:

@Sue98, I'm the same way.  I usually think I'm dying of something at any given moment lol.  Thankfully everything has always come back fine.  The dermatologist can usually tell if something looks funky.  Funny you brought this up though.  I just saw one on my chest that scabbed but I vaguely recall scratching it so....I will have the dr check it out soon.

Thanks, Carol Diane.  You sound just like me.  

Esteemed Contributor

Being a cancer survivor - I have a saying, "I only worry when I have something to worry about." I NEVER worry in advance - takes too much energy and most of the time, there's no problem.

Valued Contributor

@kivah, I so wish my brain was wired to think that way.  My husband feels the same way as you .  In my head I know you are so right, but it's hard to have that mindset if you have a worry center like mine!

Honored Contributor

I had a mole removed from my face.  I wasn't really worried about the results. I was worried about the actual procedure.  It was over in a snap.