Honored Contributor

Having a hedge planted with zero contact. Sign of the times.

Right now, I'm having a small hedge planted around my ac units to comply with my  new HOA standard. I called a local nursery yesterday. I told them what plants I needed and how I want it to be done. I texted a computer drawing I made to show the layout. The cashier checked for the plants and quoted me a price for the plants plus delivery and installation. I paid by credit card. She scheduled the installer for today. She gave him directions and gate code to my home. The installer is outside now putting in the plants. He sent me a photo of the plants arranged in their position for an OK to proceed. I OK'd the planting and spoke with the cashier at the nursery. She had to do a bit of translating into Spanish to ensure that the installer knew it was OK. So far, so good. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Having a hedge planted with zero contact. Sign of the times.

Is there no way to wear a mask and remain 6 feet away from each other to do this job?  What happens if you need an appliance repaired like the fridge. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Is there no way to wear a mask and remain 6 feet away from each other to do this job?  What happens if you need an appliance repaired like the fridge. 

@beckyb1012 @Then I would have to have the repair done inside and I'd wear a mask and I'd ask the repair person to do so. I'd distance inside during the repair. I would try to pay the company online or some other way without contact. If that isn't possible, then I'd wear gloves and masks and hand over my card. Then I'd wipe my card with a disinfectant wipe.

Honored Contributor

5EEC12E9-8E78-405B-B1D4-FF6003733E92.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D I had A/C maintenance done just before I left Florida in June.  He came to the door masked.  I stayed out of his way while he worked.   When it came time to pay, I read him the numbers from my card.  He never touched it.

Honored Contributor

All that plotting, planning and scheming and the logistics to get a few plants in the ground.  Would have been much easier to go buy them, grab a shovel and get them in the ground.  Half the time and effort probably even less the expense.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

All that plotting, planning and scheming and the logistics to get a few plants in the ground.  Would have been much easier to go buy them, grab a shovel and get them in the ground.  Half the time and effort probably even less the expense.

It's really difficult to dig in my soil. It's all rock. I don't feel up to doing this anymore. Sad, because I used to love doing my gardening. Plus I'd have to schlep all the plants. It wasn't much more to have the nursery do it. There wasn't much plotting. I just had to explain what I needed to be done so the HOA would be satisfied. 

Trusted Contributor

Some people are unable to do that physical work, Good Lord.

To the Original Poster, I am so glad  you got done what you needed to get done in a safe way.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

5EEC12E9-8E78-405B-B1D4-FF6003733E92.jpeg

Looks nice, I bet you are glad it is done.