Honored Contributor

Re: Have your local radio stations...

Mine did on Thanksgiving day.  I like some but all day long every hour is too high intensity and the up beat won't let your mind rest.  I get out my CD's and my Eagles, David Gilmour, Bad Company, and others.

Valued Contributor

Oh my goodness... wow @MaggieMack... just WOW!!!  I have to be honest, I had never heard of David Phelps until now.  Phenomenal!!  Thank for you posting this my friend... that may be my new favorite version.  Smiling Face With Halo

Honored Contributor

Yes, it started in early November

Esteemed Contributor

@AliJoi5, I know! It's like he doesn't just sing the song, David Phelps lives it. He was a little chubby in that version, here's what he looked like after he lost weight and grew his hair out. Hot hot hot! He lives near Nashville and had a big event at his farm in April 2008 to make a Christmas DVD, so DH and I flew down for it. It was great! Four months later, DH passed (at 50) from leukemia, and it is wonderful to drag that DVD out at Christmas and watch it, with us clearly visible in the small audience. David is truly one of those rare talents that can sing the phone book and bring you to your knees.

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

Aw how can you hate Burl Ives @occasionalrain?!  He wants you to have a Holly Jolly ChristmasWoman Very Happy  He was also the voice of that adorable snow man in Rudolph...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/82/e6/e5/82e6e5d7310c9d17d07c3675b33dd366.jpg

Valued Contributor

What a cutie indeed @MaggieMack!!  Just look at those angelic curls... adorbs.  

Maggie, I knew your DH had passed away, but I didn't realize he was so young.  Crying Face I am so happy to hear, though, that you have all of those wonderful memories of him and your time together (which always seems far too brief...).  That trip to Nashville sounds like it was a beautiful highlight.  Big hugs to you my friend!!

http://41.media.tumblr.com/f714d83f908d8911508f98f71705b332/tumblr_nemqgb3vew1szo3fgo1_500.jpg

Honored Contributor

2 of our local stations changed over the week before Thanksgiving I think.

I too have Sirius/XM and I know Holly and Holiday Traditions began quite awhile ago.  More will change over Wednesday I believe.