Honored Contributor

Re: Have you treated yourself with something new with your SS raise?

@SharkE wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

been wanting a power recliner, lumbar support, moving headrest, will go all the way back, buttons on the inside arm, storage compartment, and 2 stainless steel glass holders, brown stiched leather.    Can't get it till the 8th

@SharkE   We are looking to replace ours since the lumbar support is getting worn out now.  We want leather this time, too.

May I ask where you bought yours?

Bob Mills, I'm in Amarillo, Tx and that store is the biggest he advertises on TV. They won't sell floor models, he had to order it in from Lubbock about 100  miles away, still in box. When husband was alive he would never allow getting anything 'power' stuck with the manual handle, I just have to worry about pleasing myself now in my old age  (LOL) so, I'm gonna live a little. also, comes in grey. Loveseat recliner not big ol' couch

still 80 inches wide though. Has USB port in the deep storage bin so I can plug up the Apple instead of leaving it on the floor charging.

Had nothing to do with SS increase ROFL I was just wanting to show it off. LOL

@Cakers3 

@SharkE   Thank you.  I was actually thinking of Bob Mills.  We have one here. 

There seems to be a very nice inventory and I have been checking the website off and on.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I hadn't thought about the increase ... there are several options I need to think about.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

I love your sense of humor!💕

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I bought a Porsche.... cost a bit more than the raise 🤣🤣🤣. Only live once,  girls Smiley Happy 

@Mustang Shar   Oh hey girl-go with a Mustang Shelby.  It would fit your name better.   LOL

And if you go vintage 1967 you can pay up to $200,000 depending upon condition.

Now THAT would be living only once!!!

After selling my 5 th Stang, I'm down to just having one car. Goofy neighbor T-boned the drivers door. Now I'm afraid to leave a car in my single car garage and driveway. I was so worried she'd mess with the Porsche, that did it. Done with 2 cars. Hope she moves away. So I'm Stangless, no more storing for the Winter, done. Been 18 years having 2 cars... so I'm still getting used to this-kinda bizarre for me. 

Honored Contributor

Nothing with the raise, however I did purchase the rope ring and embroidered tennis shoes from hsn because the prices were good and I cannot buy either one of those items locally.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not with my social security raise but just a treat to myself for Christmas, I purchased a Nic & Zoe knit top on sale.  As far as SS, it never keeps up with inflation and prices keep going up as I type this.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I'm speechless. A raise in Social Security and how to frivolously spend it? What is going on in this country?

Honored Contributor

@HonestLife wrote:

I'm speechless. A raise in Social Security and how to frivolously spend it? What is going on in this country?

@HonestLife Sorry but I don't get the point here?  What are you trying to say?  That people shouldn't spend their Social Security, which they earned and paid for, as they please?  

Honored Contributor

I have used up a few years of that increase at J. Crew and Nordstrom's after Christmas sales.

Super Contributor

A quarter tank of GAS!  Whoopee!