Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you treated yourself with something new with your SS raise?

@SharkE wrote:

been wanting a power recliner, lumbar support, moving headrest, will go all the way back, buttons on the inside arm, storage compartment, and 2 stainless steel glass holders, brown stiched leather.    Can't get it till the 8th

Susy1008.gif

Enjoy @SharkE , you deserve it!

Honored Contributor

I don't collect Social Security but I do think you ladies should treat yourselves with that extra money.  You deserve it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For those who receive it, I'm sure the increasingly higher priced grocery store will enjoy you "treating yourself", assuming, of course, you can find anything to buy... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I bought 3 acrostic books.

Honored Contributor

@Mustang Shar wrote:

I bought a Porsche.... cost a bit more than the raise 🤣🤣🤣. Only live once,  girls Smiley Happy 

@Mustang Shar   Oh hey girl-go with a Mustang Shelby.  It would fit your name better.   LOL

And if you go vintage 1967 you can pay up to $200,000 depending upon condition.

Now THAT would be living only once!!!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

been wanting a power recliner, lumbar support, moving headrest, will go all the way back, buttons on the inside arm, storage compartment, and 2 stainless steel glass holders, brown stiched leather.    Can't get it till the 8th

@SharkE   We are looking to replace ours since the lumbar support is getting worn out now.  We want leather this time, too.

May I ask where you bought yours?

Honored Contributor

You'd better save it to cover all the price increases that America's business leaders have planned for us this year.

Honored Contributor

I plan on getting my first pedicure next month.  I can no longer do a full pedi on one foot myself so off I go to be pampered.

Honored Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

@SharkE   We are looking to replace ours since the lumbar support is getting worn out now.  We want leather this time, too.

May I ask where you bought yours?

Bob Mills, I'm in Amarillo, Tx and that store is the biggest he advertises on TV. They won't sell floor models, he had to order it in from Lubbock about 100  miles away, still in box. When husband was alive he would never allow getting anything 'power' stuck with the manual handle, I just have to worry about pleasing myself now in my old age  (LOL) so, I'm gonna live a little. also, comes in grey. Loveseat recliner not big ol' couch

still 80 inches wide though. Has USB port in the deep storage bin so I can plug up the Apple instead of leaving it on the floor charging.

Had nothing to do with SS increase ROFL I was just wanting to show it off. LOL

@Cakers3 

Honored Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

It's not a raise, it's the cost of inflation & it doesn't even cover all of it so no I'm not treating myself, I'm cutting my budget....again.

@kitcat51 I agree with you!  Those actually getting a raise out of it are fortunate.

And nursing home bills went up hundreds--so for those paying that, what a mess.