Respected Contributor

Re: Have you switched to summer clothes yet?

We've had a few warm days here and there.

In Chicago, you have to dress in layers.  It can be cool in the morning and warm by the afternoon.  I have been wearing sandals for a while now.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

If you mean switching out the closet to summer clothes, I don't do that. 

I have everything hanging all year.

Honored Contributor

Yes. We have had some weird weather with temps in 70's to 90's & still having lows in the 40's & 50's. It's still warm enough for me to wear capris & a t-shirt.

Went over to the in-laws last week & they had the heater on so I went back home. My FIL tried to tell me it was from doing laundry. LOL!!! If doing laundry makes your house this hot I would never do laundry. They said they were not a bit hot. I cannot tolerate it hot like that. There is no air circulation & you can hardly breathe. It was 78° in their house. It was 70° in our house & that was with no AC or Heat running. This tells me he was running his heater.

Respected Contributor

@Beachy1 wrote:

If you mean switching out the closet to summer clothes, I don't do that. 

I have everything hanging all year.

@bri20 - lucky you!  I don't have the closet space for both.

Respected Contributor

No .  Still not warm enough here in southern CT.  While I don't want it to get too hot too soon, I like my Spring/Summer wardrobe best .  I'm sure the weather will warm up soon enough.

Honored Contributor

i live in a four season state, although the weather has been crazy this past year.

i dont switch out my clothing, so if i need something at any time i have it at my fingertips. a few weeks ago it was 80 degrees here and i was wearing short sleeves, capris, and sandals......this past week we barely got into the 60s and have worn pants or leggings, longer sleeves, closed shoes, and even a light jacket. we have had 16 straight days of different amounts of  rain and lots of cloudy gloomy weather. it seems like we have to take it one day at a time these days. lol

i am at the point where i need some sun and i need it NOW!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I've put away my heavy winter clothes but have not worn any summer clothes yet.  I've been wearing my "transition"  wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

SW MI, no not yet.

Respected Contributor

In upstate NY, we flip between warm and cool this time of year.  Yesterday it was 82, today it is 65.  So I keep all my clothes handy, until it really turns warm and stays,.  Yesterday I wore sandals for the first time.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I'm a Hoosier as well.  Except for a couple of warm days, our spring has been fairly cool and wet.  I'm still wearing spring clothes along with some of my lighter weight winter clothes and I've pulled out some summer tops but I wear cardigans or sweaters with them.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown