Honored Contributor

Re: Have you switched to summer clothes yet?

I think I can put away any sweater I might have had on stand by.  We had a few weeks here and there that had cold weather.  March was the hottest on record for us, temps in the high 80's and 90 a few days.  Our mornings and evenings drop to 45 or 50.  Days lately have been pleasant, and a little more wind than usual!  I am in Northern CA, near Silicon Valley

I always have summer and late Spring clothes ready.  I can wear Spring clothes some days in December!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I keep all my clothing/accessories/shoes year-round since I go by the temperature & humidity level, not the calendar.

When it's cold, I can just layer with a cotton tee.  

Honored Contributor

I have some things out, but not all.  Looking for a position after I quit a position I loved because I was threatened by two mgrs over a hateful person they put in my area!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes I got my warm weather clothing out a month ago when it was 80 some a few days here in PA. Now its May 14th and its going down to 44 tonight and 38 tomorrow night. lol. (I also still keep out some colder weather clothes in case). AND, I wouldnt have to switch seasons of clothing if my husband wouldnt hog the walk in closet. lol. Hes worse than women, he never goes through his clothing much, to get rid of things. I go through mine 2X a year and donate clothing to charity.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@ECBG

@ECBG wrote:

I have some things out, but not all.  Looking for a position after I quit a position I loved because I was threatened by two mgrs over a hateful person they put in my area!

Oh, my --- I am so sorry to read your post.  That is awful!!!  I hope you find a new one that you love and where they will realize how wonderful you are and treat you better!!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Oh No - just heard the weather - I live outside Phiadelphia. Tonight it is supposed to go into the 30s. Not what I would expect on May 15.

Honored Contributor

Not yet, the temp was 48 yesterday and in the 30's  overnight. I am wearing a sweater and jeans. Looks like we will be having some 60's this week. This is a 4 season state which I do love.

Esteemed Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

hoosierorig--I'm doing the same as you (north NJ).  Last 2 days were warm and close to 80.  Today is mid 60's, cloudy, damp, expecting rain.

The wardrobe doesn't bother me as much as the bed covers.  I needed a lightweight blanket for the last 2 nights, will need to switch back to the down comforter as the nights are predicted to be in the 40's the next few days.

I live in north NJ also @PinkyPetunia ......  I don't know how to dress from day to day.  One day it is warm, the next day it is cold.  

Respected Contributor

Trying to! But I'm in Minnesota, last week it was 90 and this week we had frost warnings.

Sheesh!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

I live at 6700 ft so even in the summer the evenings are cool so I often need a jacket or sweatshirt.  I don't do seasonal clothing much I just wear what's comfortable.  Summer is same as winter except for the snow boots.