Honored Contributor

Re: Have you seen the Halo commercial with the Plus size woman

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Suziepeach 

@germanshepherdlove 

Thank you.  The OP did not make that clear.

==========================

I don't have a problem w/the commercial.  Am I suppose to?

EDIT:  I forgot to add, I never heard of Halo Ice Cream nor seen any commercials about it.

@Mz iMac you're very welcome!  It's a hit and miss with their flavors, or at least in my book it is..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

ok to the dancing, regardless of the size of the woman, but does she have to be in her underwear? 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac 

I know nothing about the Halo chargers, do not watch enought of QVC I guess

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Suziepeach 

@germanshepherdlove 

Thank you.  The OP did not make that clear.

==========================

I don't have a problem w/the commercial.  Am I suppose to?

EDIT:  I forgot to add, I never heard of Halo Ice Cream nor seen any commercials about it.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox I can understand her joy.  She could eat the entire thing for less calories than a salad with regular dressing (in many cases).

I think two ladies with regular outfits doing something cute as girlfriends would have been better.

Esteemed Contributor

@germanshepherdlove wrote:

I watched the commercial.  It's for Halo Ice Cream and the woman is beautiful and yes is plus size.  While I think one should watch their calories, we do all love to peridically eat ice cream.  I'm ok with the commercial.  

From the Halo Top ice cream website:

Like you, we love ice cream. In fact, we love it so much that we created a line of light ice creams with 280-380 calories per pint just so we could eat more of it. But we wanted to make our Keto and dairy-free friends just as happy, so we made a Keto Series with only 5g-10g carbs per pint and added dairy-free flavors made with coconut milk. Whether it’s a few bites or the whole pint, now everyone can feel good about eating ice cream.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Valued Contributor

Ive never had or heard of Halo ice cream and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have a problem with...the ice cream or that theres a plus size woman in the commercial?? Would the commercial be better if the woman in it were skinny?? Im not being difficult, I really dont know what is supposed to bother me. I havent seen the commercial but I'll watch for it.
Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

In my opinion Halo is awful the commerical is bold and the woman has guts. 

mucho guts

Respected Contributor

Ads are sales messages. We're supposed to watch this and want to eat Halo ice cream as a result. It has the opposite effect on me, a larger woman. It's silly and embarrassing. Ugh.

Honored Contributor

@spursfan2 wrote:
Ive never had or heard of Halo ice cream and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to have a problem with...the ice cream or that theres a plus size woman in the commercial?? Would the commercial be better if the woman in it were skinny?? Im not being difficult, I really dont know what is supposed to bother me. I havent seen the commercial but I'll watch for it.

@spursfan2 The radio announcer(?) gives a good discussion of what he thought were the company's thought process in the video I posted.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 Obviously you don't need a halo.  Do you get out at all?