Honored Contributor

Have you seen that commercial, think it's Allstate with the big tree in it?

[ Edited ]

I wonder where that tree is at.  Maybe Google would know?  I'll check. I didn't see it, but I think at the end of the commercial they are saying "Georgia, we're here to help"

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you seen that commercial, think it's Allstate with the big tree in it?

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal, that tree is located outside Charleston, SC and is named the Angel Oak.

Here is a link to a youtube video of the tree:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlS4HL_f71Q

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

'It's the Angel Oak Tree.  Here's some info from the website.  There are many pictures on this site (www,angeloak.com).  The tree is an amazing example of Mother Nature's artistry.

The Angel Oak Tree is estimated to be in excess of 400-500 years old, stands 66.5 ft (20 m) tall, measures 28 ft (8.5 m) in circumference, and produces shade that covers 17,200 square feet (1,600 m2). From tip to tip Its longest branch distance is 187 ft.  There is considerable debate about the age of the Angel Oak.  Some contend that it is 1,500 years old.  Most believe that the more conservative estimates are more accurate.

It is an absolute must-see for anyone visiting Charleston South Carolina. It is on everyone’s top ten list of things to do in Charleston. Despite being located on John’s Island, the Angel Oak has come to symbolize Charleston South Carolina.

Honored Contributor

Oh Marp!! I love trees, and this one just took my breath away.  I've never seen anything like it before.  Thank you so much.  Google was no help.  @Marp

Honored Contributor

@JCath, Thank you too.  Isn't it a fasinating tree though!!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW! That tree is amazing. Awe-inspiring Mother Nature.Heart

Here in Colorado we have the Bristlecone Pines, said to be around 5,000 years old. But they don't look as beautiful as that oak tree.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  -   Johns Island, SC (Charleston area, going out towards Kiawah).  Angel Oak is beyond impressive in person and such a gorgeous old live oak.  We love getting our photos taken here, and you'll be dwarfed by its size.  The limbs are absolutely unreal and seem to reach out forever, and the trunk is massive!  If you ever get down to Charleston, it's well worth the visit.  Hope you can see it in person one day!

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88, That would be something to see and my husband is into photography now.  Wouldn't he have fun!!!

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  -  I don't know where you live, but if your husband is into photography, you'd both love visiting Angel Oak and the whole Charleston, Mt. Pleasant area.  All the nearby islands are breathtaking and he could take pictures for weeks!

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88, I mentioned this to him.  So if he is up to something like that again (trip) maybe that could be the destination.  Thanks!!