Trusted Contributor

Yep...I live near an Army post and they fly around at night. I have seen a couple during the day, but see more very very late at night flying out over the post and the mountains.

Honored Contributor
On 9/14/2014 sunshine45 said:

have not seen any drones, but i have seen the google cars that take the street and home photos.

I saw those cars once in sarasota.

Honored Contributor

No, I don't think I've ever seen one.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen it, but living as close to DC as I do, it wouldn't surprise me to be seeing them sometime in the very near future. Not sure I want one delivering my packages however!

Super Contributor

used to have a skylight above the tub. always waved and smiled when a plane flew over! (my dad and I used to fly over the local dam dressing room which had no roof!!) (was a swimming area)

Super Contributor
On 9/14/2014 sunshine45 said:

have not seen any drones, but i have seen the google cars that take the street and home photos.

Yea, I've seen the plane for google earth too. I remember it clearly{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I was in the pool in our backyard and a plane flew slowly by and much closer than usual planes, sure enough! On google earth, I'm seen floating in the pool{#emotions_dlg.w00t} My husband and I laughed so hard!!

But I haven't seen a drone.... yet.

Super Contributor

luv2Decorate, hope you were waving!!!!

Respected Contributor
On 9/14/2014 jGalt said:

I see so much news about drones that people use to look at real estate, or just to snoop on people and wondered if anyone has seen one. Can they be seen?

My yard is totally private, and I think nothing of going out in my nightwear or even taking off my shirt when sunning myself. But I guess I am not safe from visual invasion if people have cameras flying around in the sky. Do you think about it?

You are certainly correct on that point. Yes, I do think about them. I won't get into my beliefs on the subject.

Respected Contributor

No, I haven't seen one in person. This summer in YNP, close to where we live, a couple tourists flew them and one landed in a beautiful pool. To hiscredit, he reported it to the Forest Service. They can't get it out yet, and it is damaging the eco system in it. Both were fined. It is against the law in the park and is written in the literature they give you when you go in the gate.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Honored Contributor

Well, as long as we're fairly dressed when walking out back. (Swimsuit, etc.)

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).