Honored Contributor

Have you read, or do you know of Brene Brown?

[ Edited ]

Been watching her on YouTube.  It's interesting. Vulnerability, Shame, ______ and one other thing.  She's been on Opra, she's written many books.  I may have to check at the library on some of these books.

Just thought of the 3rd one:  courage.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you read, or do you know of Brene Brown?

[ Edited ]

I follow her on Instagram by the suggestion of several other people I follow.  I think I originally found her via Russell Brand.  I haven’t delved into much into her work, but it seems to be very positive & empowering! Looks like she’s having her day the sun!

Any suggestions to watch/read?

B83E45F6-0C84-4ED5-A08F-F156ECFD94DB.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom   She's just new to me, but I have 2 of her books on hold now, at my library.  On Amazon.com you can read what is in the books on there for sale.  

Honored Contributor

not my thing'

people these days are obsessed with "shame" . I truly don't get it. 

Respected Contributor

Watched all of about 5 minutes of her show on HBO or Netflix (can't remember).  I'm no prude by any means, but her use of expletives was not flattering.  Major turnoff.

I've also attempted to read her books.  She comes from fear IMO.  Evidently, not everyone would agree.  

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

She's a close friend to Oprah. I've seen her on the OWN network many times as I was flipping through channels. I've watched short segments of her speak. It seems she was speaking of how not to be a perfectionist every time I've seen her.