Trusted Contributor

Have you purchased tires at Costco?

How did the process go?  They're having a special on Michelin's right now and I want to take advantage, but when I call the tire center nobody will pick up, and the couple of times I've been there, there was nobody at the tire service desk.  

IDK. Any feedback is appreciated!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you purchased tires at Costco?

I bought all my tires from Costco for years; very fast and seamless. Eventually switched to local shop because Costco is three hours away.

Honored Contributor

I've done it twice.  The only thing is it is first come, first serve, so you have to wait around if it's busy if you don't have a ride from someone.

When they have their special pricing, it's a great value.  It was the reason I first joined Costco because someone suggested it as a good price for 4 tires.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

I have bought tires at Costco twice - great prices and very competent service. However, the wait time for installation was very long -- used the time to shop at the store. I plan to buy my next tires there, whether or not I use the wait time to shop.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tried to but they didnt have my size in stock. Went to NTB as usual. 

Honored Contributor

As others have posted, professional service and longer wait time.  We  go when they first open so as to shorten the wait time.

Trusted Contributor

We've had no problem ordering and installation was good.  You get free rotations when you purchase their tires.

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover. Yes I've bought Michelines there twice on their Mich sale. The second time just this past April shortly after the pandemic started (I had been waiting for the Mich sale). Thank goodness they were open because I really needed new tires!

I won't buy tires anywhere else. Their guarantee is great. Also once I got a flat tire in another city (nail in tire, I'd been on the road) and thank goodness there are Costcos around the country! got it fixed for free at that city's Costco.

My Subaru dealership of course wanted to sell me tires and said they could match anyone's price except Costco's because they just can't sell Michelines that inexpensively.

Both times I replaced my cars' tires (two different vehicles) with Michelines (in my current car it came with Bridgestones) there was a big difference I could feel in how much better the car rides --- much better/smoother. The thing about Costco is, they don't do alignments so you have to go get the vehicle aligned somewhere else after you get the tires.
Honored Contributor

I’ve purchased tires with ease but not during all the dislocations going on now.   

also, there’s a difference from one Costco to another - or should I say I’ve seen differences in the 2 I use most often

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have purchased tires from Costco whenever needed.  Great prices, especially when a sale is on.  If you have to wait to have the tires installed, the tire shop will take your cell phone number and call you when they're done while you're in the main store.  

Never had any problem at all with the tires or their service.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!