Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you purchased anything on Lisa's website?

@PinkSunset wrote:

I find what she's doing puzzling to put it mildly, She left a lucrative selling career with lots of perks and benefits to start a selling career where she has to do everything herself out of her home. If she was just selling jewelry that she "designed" from inspirations she got on all her world trips, then maybe okay fine, But then she started with ornaments, trees, accessories, knick knacks, lights blah, blah, blah. Same stuff she sold in her previous employment. 

Most of the hosts have to buck up and sell a variety of items but she became a real prima donna and only sold the stuff she liked. Maybe others complained about that she got special treatment and they wanted her to start selling D&C or something she;d never endorse. So now she gets to sell only what she wants. 

Branching out into all this junk just makes her a small scale retailer and were it not that her followers gush at everything she posts, her retail career would already be done IMO. You can buy anything she is selling just about anywhere else and get free shipping, coupons, good return policies and guarantees from large long-time retailers. 

Puzzling. So to sum up no, and don't see me buying anything from her in the future. 

I'm not a Lisa fan, but I get why she left.  Even as QVC's most successful host, the schedule is rather brutal, and she said it was difficult to get away or see her family.  As I understand it, she saw her family constantly while she was setting up the business.  Good for her.  

She only sold only what she wanted?  Who knows, but everyone does have their special areas of interest.  Mary Beth is great with home items, Jill goes for food and decor, David for anything kitchen related...etc.  

I don't know about the home items, but the jewelry I've seen is well made, and most is from Italy.  A friend sent me the link for the multi-chain bracelet, and I grabbed it up.  It's a beauty.  

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

Don't you think the reviews are controlled and any negative ones are quickly deleted

@Moonchilde wrote:

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

Jmo but I like to price compare with other sites and also read reviews of items on a site. I don't see reviews on her website even tho she's been selling for months -- I might be overlooking them, has anyone read any reviews?

@esmeesmerelda, there are no reviews, as in items reviewed on the website by purchasers, beneath the item description, as on most other websites. I would imagine Lisa wants to avoid a single negative review appearing anywhere near the items for sale. That is *very* unprofessional IMO and gives a clear impression that she's afraid of what people might say. Almost *every* website allows people to express pleasure AND DISpleasure if that was their experience. Not Lisa.

The only "reviews" are the herd gushing over the few items they've snagged. The occasional negative comments are usually deleted.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
QVC Customer Care

Valued Contributor

Lisa left a lucrative job because she did not get the extra money she was asking for. She called Q's bluff and they declined her. It's obvious she had no plans on what to do after she left. She is now running a mini QVC out of her home. It doesn't matter how Lisa spins it to her tribe but the bottom line is I think she's even more busy now than she ever was at Q. Her, Katie and Nancy are her only business partners, they are swamped. Lisa will always make it look like what she's doing now is a better deal. She never wants to come off like she messed up.

As for reviews on her products, there is reason she does not offer any. LR only wants praises. She will delete any negative talk about herself or her items.

Super Contributor

@Midnight11 wrote:

I have not bought anything and dont go there often,but did see those xmas lights and wish i could have got some before they sold out...Great lights you dont see anywhere else! Even online because i looked.

I  doubt the people who voice there irritation at seeing the Lisa threads even realize THEY are the ones with a major problem and should be asking themselves just why THEY are so irritated.....They really dont have to read and can find something that does interest them..This is a forum to discuss many things and it just so happens that some like to discuss Lisa which i see nothing wrong in that and the moderators must be ok with it as well..

Exactly!   There is so much to talk about on these forums,  if I see something about a subject I'm not interested in, I simply don't read or post on that thread.  Makes sense!  

Honored Contributor

@PinkSunset wrote:

I find what she's doing puzzling to put it mildly, She left a lucrative selling career with lots of perks and benefits to start a selling career where she has to do everything herself out of her home. If she was just selling jewelry that she "designed" from inspirations she got on all her world trips, then maybe okay fine, But then she started with ornaments, trees, accessories, knick knacks, lights blah, blah, blah. Same stuff she sold in her previous employment. 

Most of the hosts have to buck up and sell a variety of items but she became a real prima donna and only sold the stuff she liked. Maybe others complained about that she got special treatment and they wanted her to start selling D&C or something she;d never endorse. So now she gets to sell only what she wants. 

Branching out into all this junk just makes her a small scale retailer and were it not that her followers gush at everything she posts, her retail career would already be done IMO. You can buy anything she is selling just about anywhere else and get free shipping, coupons, good return policies and guarantees from large long-time retailers. 

Puzzling. So to sum up no, and don't see me buying anything from her in the future. 

Couldn't be stated any better, IMO.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Don't you think the reviews are controlled and any negative ones are quickly deleted

@Moonchilde wrote:

@esmeesmerelda wrote:

Jmo but I like to price compare with other sites and also read reviews of items on a site. I don't see reviews on her website even tho she's been selling for months -- I might be overlooking them, has anyone read any reviews?

@esmeesmerelda, there are no reviews, as in items reviewed on the website by purchasers, beneath the item description, as on most other websites. I would imagine Lisa wants to avoid a single negative review appearing anywhere near the items for sale. That is *very* unprofessional IMO and gives a clear impression that she's afraid of what people might say. Almost *every* website allows people to express pleasure AND DISpleasure if that was their experience. Not Lisa.

The only "reviews" are the herd gushing over the few items they've snagged. The occasional negative comments are usually deleted.

Yah, that's what I said. See my last sentence above.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@Midnight11 wrote:

I have not bought anything and dont go there often,but did see those xmas lights and wish i could have got some before they sold out...Great lights you dont see anywhere else! Even online because i looked.

I  doubt the people who voice there irritation at seeing the Lisa threads even realize THEY are the ones with a major problem and should be asking themselves just why THEY are so irritated.....They really dont have to read and can find something that does interest them..This is a forum to discuss many things and it just so happens that some like to discuss Lisa which i see nothing wrong in that and the moderators must be ok with it as well..

Exactly!   There is so much to talk about on these forums,  if I see something about a subject I'm not interested in, I simply don't read or post on that thread.  Makes sense!  

"Interested in(or not)" does not by definition mean "loves", "agrees with", or "has only positive opinions about."

People post in every forum every day on every subject, and it's not somehow "required" that they only respond favorably. Why does "interested in" ONLY mean non-negative responses ONLY for Lisa Robertson?

Super Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

Just wondering if any of you have purchased anything on Lisa Robertson's website?  I have the HOLY FAMILY figurine and love it.

She is having "black Friday" sales starting Friday through Monday, if anyone is interested.  (be nice, lol)

@shell garden,  I know you are busy with holidays, family, life in general.  Find me next time we are both online and we can talk all things LR.  I hope you had a great holiday!  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Yankee2000 wrote:

@Midnight11 wrote:

"Interested in(or not)" does not by definition mean "loves", "agrees with", or "has only positive opinions about."

People post in every forum every day on every subject, and it's not somehow "required" that they only respond favorably. Why does "interested in" ONLY mean non-negative responses ONLY for Lisa Robertson?

Because that's my opinion... you dislike her so much yet you quote things from her Facebook page word for word... it's weird.