Honored Contributor

Re: Have you purchased a Face Mask?

[ Edited ]

Face masks are a cinch to make yourself. If the fabric is thin or you want to be super safe, insert a folded coffee filter in the area covering nose/mouth. Just fold a scarf/kerchief into a triangle and tie behind your head. To get fancy, you can google instructions how to fold the ends over a rubber band to go over your ears. I've made many...no sewing needed.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

No, and don't intend to unless that is yet another thing forced on me.

@Sapphiregal, putting the mask issue aside for a moment, what exactly would have been your recommendations to the public regarding this pandemic, given that you seem to feel so put out?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3  Not speaking for everyone, but many people think this whole thing is bs. Not me but I know people who do unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

I have two coming from etsy that will be here this week.  they are kind of pretty... floral...

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I've ordered a few but haven't received them. All my amazon orders are weeks behind. I haven't gone anywhere but if I were to venture out, I'd wear a mask. If the public good is at stake, I'll do what's right.

Esteemed Contributor

My sister made a bunch and gave me two of them.  I won't wear one though.  I don't think they are very effective and I would feel like I am suffocating.  I stay away from people as best I can, hold my breath occassionaly, and don't touch my face.  I always wash my hands when I get back to the office or home.

My DH on the other hand is coordinating his many bandanas with his T-shirts every day.  He looks like he is going in to rob a bank when he goes out, and it cracks me up.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Vivian wrote:

I've ordered a few but haven't received them. All my amazon orders are weeks behind. I haven't gone anywhere but if I were to venture out, I'd wear a mask. If the public good is at stake, I'll do what's right.

If only everyone felt this way.  

Respected Contributor

I found a box of 20 face masks I bought 10 years ago when I was painting. Never did use them until now.

Honored Contributor

Due to my husband having an amputation procedure last year, we have gloves and masks.   A daughter is also making masks for all of her friends who need them, and can’t find or can’t afford them.   

However, at this time, I don’t plan to wear either.   I’ve been out 1x since the stay at home order was given here in WV, and outside of a fast food run, I don’t plan on being anywhere that requires me to wear a mask and gloves.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just bought a ten pak of masks from Etsy (WaxtexUs).  This is a clothing manufacturer based in LA; the masks are $5 each and very nice.