Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you or would you skydive?

[ Edited ]

I may have in my younger and foolish not as fearful of heights days Woman Very Happy, but hail no, not now!

ETA

gotta love the moxie of G H Bush (RIP), who jumped on his 90th birthday!!!

dee

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

I hate heights so not in a million years.  Jumping out of a fully functional plane is nuts to me.

Honored Contributor

NO

Esteemed Contributor

For someone like me who has always feared heights, it was easy to answer the questions, NO and NO.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

NO... and No! I think you have to be out of your mind to even think of doing this.Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@Tyak wrote:

I would not but I know someone who did their first jump on their 75th birthday.  It was just something she always wanted to do.

@Tyak ...At the age of 75, bless her soul.   Never was something I ever wanted to do, glad the person you know finally got her chance.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

I would've loved to, and had planned to, but then I had a retinal detachment 5 years ago. While I haven't been forbidden to do so, skydiving, roller coasters, scuba diving and bungee jumping are all on a "please don't do that" list. 

There have been multiple times when I've been sorely tempted to jump out of a perfectly good airplane to get away from an obnoxious seatmate! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

No, never.

I have rappelled off a 6-story building though.  That backwards lean off the roof surely felt like I've imagined skydiving feels like.  Never again.

Regular Contributor

Yes. I gave my husband a gift card for skydiving for his 60th birthday.  When we got to the place he insisted I do it as well. Made sure I called both my kids prior to the jump.  Once was enough.  It was great once the chute was pulled not so much prior to that.  

Honored Contributor

I hate heights; but I am excellent with my feet firmly planted on the ground and waving at the ones who are up there!
Esteemed Contributor

I have never sky dived. But I would sky dive, if I didn't have this bad back. Heights don't bother me.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles