Honored Contributor

Re: Have you increased or decreased QVC viewing/shopping...

This board has not affected how much I watch or shop at QVC.

The people who are stomping their feet and pitching a fit on the floor about the board, saying that they won't shop here anymore, are such a teeny teeny tiny tiny percentage (like not even a blip on the screen) of the millions of shoppers.   Even if you added up everybody who reads and/or posts on this board - every single one (!) - it would be the tiniest percentage of one percent of actual shoppers.

So, my point is that the ones who are hurling their 'threats' have absolutely no effect on their bottom line.  The fact that they (the mods) have been here trying to help people with this board is a huge plus because they don't need to do that.

Respected Contributor

The board makeover has no effect on whether or not I watch QVC.  I haven't watched much of it in at least 5 years.

Esteemed Contributor

I have not increased or decreased shopping on Q due to these forums. I DEcreased Q shopping over a year ago due to high pricing. (Specifically on clothing that is over the top. Example; 50 dollars for a T shirt? Please!).

However recently I bought a few items again. Now I will decrease again. I hardly watch Q on tv anymore but I do continue to check on line for products.

I did watch some of the Italy shows w Antonella (mostly to see Italy not so much the jewelry), and I will probably tune in to Christmas in July.

To sum it up overall, my buying is down due to prices. Period!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Regular Contributor

Decrease.

Remember when we used to get PROGRAM GUIDES included with our purchases.   I used this immensely.   I understand the need to 'save a tree' but those are the little perks I enjoyed; using the program guide on .com is one more step I do not desire to take.

New Contributor

My viewing has definitely decreased. I'v also noticed prices have steadily risen and if I do my homework, locally, I can find good values.

Not really fond of the host presentations, especially the newbies.. They seem over zealous and sometimes vendors don't get a chance to present their product and it annoys me.

Respected Contributor

drastically decreased.  came to my senses when the shipping/return policy vs the inconsistent sizing argument got the better of me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My viewing and shopping at the Q decreased long before any forum changes.  There is no connection between the two for me.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

My viewing and shopping at the Q decreased long before any forum changes.  There is no connection between the two for me.

I don't watch the Q except on rare/special occasions ... now I don't view or post nearly as much, either. 

I agree with a poster on another thread about the new board setup, too.  I think the new "Team" is of a certain age and believes the posters here are all in that same age group ...      I'm not one for games, tags (whatever that means), and hearts.   The labeling of posters as "trusted, valued," et.al., strikes me as devisive.  

This is not a popularity contest ... and since I don't agree with much that's going on here, I've left the sandbox.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I just wrote a reply to this post ... lo and behold, it's been deleted.   Another reason I don't come here much anymore. 

Trusted Contributor

It's stayed the 'same'. I was never a big QVC spender and only watched bits of certain presentations, as I prefer to just view the items quickly online. So, there is no connection between the two for me.