Respected Contributor

Re: Have you heard the latest Miley Cyrus stunt

I knew someone who worked with her before she went off the deep end. They are totally shocked at her behavior. In fact they told me she had a good head on her shoulders and she was the last person they expected to act this way. That tells me one thing: drugs. Sorry, but true. I hope she gets it together. She was a beautiful young woman. 

Honored Contributor

Chanel #5

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

what i like about miley is that she doesn't give a hoot what you think.  she's very comfortable in her own skin and for a woman of such a young age that's very different for a better word.  she's her own person.

i do think she has talent, but she takes away from it with her shenanigans.  i do wish her well.

Actually, I think people like Miley DO give a hoot what people think.  If they didn't they wouldn't go far out of their way and devote their life to offending people.  When you are trying to be outrageous and offensive, it is the most extreme of making people think what you want them to think.  If she didn't care, she wouldn't have to spend her life doing things that offend. 

People like that are the extreme of wanting to control opinions of others.  It is pure manipulation of other's emotions.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the problem with shocking people is the bar keeps getting raised higher and higher. Antics have to become more and more outrageous for anyone to notice.  

There are other celebrities caught in this trap too.

Esteemed Contributor

Nah, I'll leave that to the young impressionable kids. I haven't paid attention to any of these "attention seekers" for years, maybe even decades, now.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

So everyone going to the concert will be naked?  Or just her? 

Pretty much all of her has been exposed, so it would be no shock really.

That tongue though, it looks like a parrot's tongue.  Have you ever seen a parrot's tongue.

Honored Contributor

You're right, it does!  I have a parrot.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

I used to watch Hannah Montana with my granddaughter. Yikes, has that girl done a total 180...Miley, that is. I agree with those who say that she's a mediocre performer who behaves disgustingly so that people will pay attention to her.

A few years ago I happened to see Lady Gaga perform on the Today Show. I was amazed. She was into her lunacy costumes and I had totally ignored the fact that she was truly talented until I saw her at the piano singing an old standard. I was thrilled when Tony Bennett took her under his wing, cleaned her up, and presented her as the talent she is. Apparently, Gaga only got attention at the beginning of her career by looking outrageous. I don't know if Miley Cyrus has anywhere near that level of talent but if somebody doesn't straighten her out, her fame won't last long. 

Lady Gaga, like Peter Gabriel, is what is called a "performance artist." And yes, she got attention doing it. However, there was never any mistaken assumption about her talent. She was and IS the real thing whether she is singing old standards with Tony Bennet or singing and dancing as she performs  Bad Romance or Born This Way from her collection.

Respected Contributor

She isn't shocking, as Lady Gaga, Madonna, and even Cher where trail blazers in their day. However I find her gross and disgusting and dont watch anything she is on.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18