Esteemed Contributor

Have you heard of frying of the back nerves?

My daughter had this done yesterday - it's supposed to deaden the nerves of the back that causes so much pain, and my neighbor had this done, took away all pain for 10 years, had it done again now, and he's painless.  My daughter is having severe pains now, was told it may take six weeks for the effect to take place or before.  Please, if you would, say a prayer for her? She's got her twins to take care of  plus her job as a professor.  Thanks much!  I'll keep you informed if interested. She is 43.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you heard of frying of the back nerves?

I'll be sending prayers Gloriajean!Smiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Sending prayers for your daughter.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean. Yes I will.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

Fingers crossed and prayers @gloriajean!  LM

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry your daughter is in pain 

Respected Contributor

Yes, it works extremely well for some, not so much for others. The nerves will grow back so it's not a one and done thing. It's called radio frequency ablation. Hope she does well!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Reba055;  I've had that and it didn't do a thing for me.  I thought maybe they'd come up with something new.  Always looking for relief.  Never heard it called "frying". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Thats a rhizotomy. They say burn but its more like nuking them with the little probes they put in to do it. I had that done several times. It only worked for me for 2 or 3 months maybe? I also got epidurals for years (they worked the best as in they used to last for multiple months now they dont). Now I get facet joint injections (Im going May 8th, 6 needles in my back cold turkey as in I am awake). Theyve been helping me for months (knock on wood) but when they wear off I get more. I hope and pray your daugher finds relief. Back pain is horrible!. I live with it for 15 years since I had spine surgery on my neck, my lower back is terrible. My pain Dr has been a God send. If it wasnt for him, I wouldnt be walking as I have damage on every level of L spine. Please keep us posted how she is.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles