Honored Contributor

Re: Have you have had packages stolen from your porch?

About 2 weeks ago, I thought I did.  Shopbop sent me a package via FedEx.  I received an email saying it was delivered.  When I got home from work, it wasn't there.  I took a tour of the neighborhood, asking everyone if they saw it. The did not.  Called FedEx and Shopbop.  I was afraid Shopbop would not believe me.  They asked if I still wanted it and would send it.  Turns out FedEx put it on the wrong truck.  Got sent to another state with the same address (different zip code)  I got 3 days later.   But really.  Have never been stolen (so far)

Respected Contributor

I never had a package stolen, but a package did go missing one time.  When we lived in another state we would take our trash barrel from the garage on pickup day and place it right outside the garage.  That day UPS delivered an expensive item and placed it on top of the lid on the barrel.

Meanwhile the trash men came and took not only the trash but the package.  I had a notice it had been delivered in my absence.  Called UPS and after some investigation was reimbursed $145 for the item 

Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe@Yup I have had those amazon pics but what if the parcel is stolen after the driver leaves or what if the driver himself removes it.....I don’t think the pic is worth much.

Honored Contributor

@cherry, so far we have been lucky. When we lived in an apartment I wasn't so lucky. Our mail person and UPS used to leave our packages on the radiator in the vestibule of the building. Numerous purchases were stolen so I had to sign for everything. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

In the past month, I've been sent someone else's order, my neighbors have had to deliver my misdelivered packages, and I just had to notify QVC today that part of an order from 11/14 has never arrived. It stopped tracking over a week ago.

I am beyond not happy with UPS and our shipping system and once this latest shipment issue is settled, I am done with online shopping for a while for anything I can't pick up in store.

Esteemed Contributor

Never have had a problem. I order from a variety of Department stores, book stores, music (drum and guitar) stores, LL Bean, a couple places in Europe, on-line, Amazon, and QVC (for Linea).

Packages are delivered via USPS, UPS and Fed EX.  All are left to the side of my door under the porch. If it's raining or snowing, the delivery people usually place a potted plant in front to protect it! (Packages are not going to get wet under the porch anyway. LOL) I'm signed up for emails with USPS and UPS deliveries, also. Some, not all, of the delivery people will ring the doorbell; guess that is no longer a routine part of the job. (I'm OK with that. Delighted to have my packages delivered safely.)

PS: I have a nosey neighbor whom I've named the Neighborhood Watchdog since he seems to know more about my life, yard and flower gardens than me! (Put up with him for 30 years; guess calling him a nickname isn't horrible. His wife and I are dear friends in spite of his annoying habits.)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

No but I love watching those "packages stolen from porch" videos from the local news as well as the hundreds of those videos on YouTube.

Especially when the "packages" are traps filled w/used cat litter.

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I never have thank goodness. I do live at the end of  a cul- de -sac  which probably helps...very little traffic. Also I am home most of the time when deliveries come.

Honored Contributor

We never had packages taken, but we had the largest dog in the neighborhood.  UPS didn't "walk" from our porch!

Esteemed Contributor

Not that i know. When I came home there were 4 from the Q waiting. I better save my mail.