Honored Contributor

Have you had any change of mind about something this last week, or month?

For instance:  I've decided to go with the few things I like that I crochet, rather than take on all the beautiful things I see.  There's not enough days to get all that done.  I need to turn back the clock to accomplish all the things I would love to learn to do.  So I am adjusting my plans and targets and it's taken a certain amount of stress off of myself.  I go a bit crazy sometimes on things I like. LOL  

Have you had a change of mind on anything lately where you want to go down another path?  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you had any change of mind about something this last week, or month?

Sure ... all the time ... depends which way the wind is blowing.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, DH and I have recently decided to eliminate the majority of supplements we were taking.  There is still about 5 things that we either believe are beneficial or have been Dr. prescribed, so we've kept those.  In reading an article on a Tufts University study, it said that rather than helping, calcium and Vit. D supplelments can make matters worse for people, even causing cancer in some instances.  This isn't the case when those  nutrients/vitamins are obtained naturally through diet (or spending a little time in the sun for the Vitamin D).  

Honored Contributor

Sure and it's called life.

Respected Contributor

Of course I have. It's called life and it requires continual adjustments. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal wrote:

For instance:  I've decided to go with the few things I like that I crochet, rather than take on all the beautiful things I see.  There's not enough days to get all that done.  I need to turn back the clock to accomplish all the things I would love to learn to do.  So I am adjusting my plans and targets and it's taken a certain amount of stress off of myself.  I go a bit crazy sometimes on things I like. LOL  

Have you had a change of mind on anything lately where you want to go down another path?  

Yes! I wish I could share the situation here but alas I cannot. ☹️ There is some valuable wisdom on this board and I could use it.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal 

Nope, I love the path I have been on now for the last almost 2 years. Neither my wife or I have had any long hospital stays. Not much could be better than that for us.

Other things for me are pretty trivial in comparison.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynutFollowing your postings here for many years, it is so good to read that life for you, Cindy, and the furkids has sustained a comfortable balance.  Hope it continues on this path. 

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@qualitygal 

Nope, I love the path I have been on now for the last almost 2 years. Neither my wife or I have had any long hospital stays. Not much could be better than that for us.

Other things for me are pretty trivial in comparison.

hckynut

I have noticed that and I'm so glad for you all.  Keep up the good work.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal 

I like to have one day to myself ---to just sit back, relax, refresh and get ready for the usual hectic week ahead....In the fall I'll enjoy watching some NFL games.....but the rest of the year I found myself settling for something on TV....a show, movie, that didn't really interest me....I found the characters annoying, or perhaps the plot predictible and a tad sappy..and when I took a peek at QVC that was a snoozefest and grabbed the remote!!...I just wasn't enjoying my "me time".......

Then I re-discovered something I had been neglecting lately...and decided to make a change....the joy of READING!.....I turned off the TV....and grabbed a "cozy mystery" book that had been gathering dust on an end table and dove in... birds and the wind rustling the leaves in the trees, as my background, (or perhaps soft music playing ) I found myself more relaxed and stress free and more content.....So now I make sure to make time for my reading...and glad I made the change instead of just settlingfor lousy TV......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”