Respected Contributor

Re: Have you had a morning mix-up?

@San Antonio Gal  That was happening to me, too, but with my PAIN medication!

So I found the perfect remedy on amazon - it's called TimerCap.  When you unscrew the little medicine container, the timer goes back to zero.  Take your medication out, screw the cap back on and it begins counting again.  It tells you how long ago you took your medication.  

Not sure if my explanation is clear, but when you find them on amazon, it will be very clear.  Very easy to use.  And there are several variations on the TimerCap.

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Respected Contributor

After reading all these responses, I feel SOOOOO much better!!!!!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Contributor

@QVCkitty1  Glad to know I was not the only one that did this! Way back when I first started working, I had those "Candie" slide shoes the same style two different colors & didn't notice I had 1 black 1 brown. Had to wear them all day! 

Trusted Contributor

Rushing around in the morning, I started the Keurig pushing the largest cup size button.  Unfortunately while I went to get dressed, the Keurig did its job without a mug in place.  Major mess!

I also did the shoe mix-up with sandals (one blue, one brown) at a party.  Super embarassing when several people noticed.  I ended up just going barefoot.

Respected Contributor

@Sage04 wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I have my mix up at night.  I take my meds before going to bed.  I'm so tired that I take my meds then 5 minutes later wonder if I took them or not.  That has happened a few times.  

I do that all the time.  There's two meds that I take in the evening and many times I'll have to get out of bed to see if I took them.  I try to have a little routine that I follow now.  After I take the night meds from the small pill organizer I put it behind the big pill case that contains my daytime meds and supplements.

When I see the small case behind the big case then I know I remembered them.

@J Town Girl  aren't the organizer labeled with the days of the week?

Wouldn't it be funny if you forgot what it meant when the small organizer is behind the big pill case? Oh I hope that doesn't happen.

I know what you mean.  Fortunately with all of my supplements along with my regular meds the larger case has a lot of tablets and capsules in it.  The smaller case has only two.  

But nevertheless I still check it carefully because I could see myself accidentally grabbing the wrong case if I was very tired.  

I could never do without my pill organizers.  Taking each pill out of every bottle each day would drive me crazy.  I have three different large cases and I fill them up for three weeks at a time.  It takes me a while to fill them, but it makes it so convenient to just grab a case for a week and then when all three are empty, I just refill them again.  

I know it sounds like I'm on a lot of medications, but it's really only three.  The rest of them are supplements.  I sometimes wonder if the supplements do all that much, but my annual bloodwork always comes back looking good so I guess I'll just keep up the same routine.

Honored Contributor

@HallowsEve wrote:

@QVCkitty1  Glad to know I was not the only one that did this! Way back when I first started working, I had those "Candie" slide shoes the same style two different colors & didn't notice I had 1 black 1 brown. Had to wear them all day! 

I went to work with two different shoes once. They were both a wine color, but one was a flat and the other one had a medium heel.

I have no idea how I walked wonky all day and didn't notice.  No one said anything to me, so I guess they didn't notice either.  I was wearing slacks.

Honored Contributor

@HallowsEve wrote:

@HallowsEve , I loved those shoes !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I have my mix up at night.  I take my meds before going to bed.  I'm so tired that I take my meds then 5 minutes later wonder if I took them or not.  That has happened a few times.  

I do that all the time.  There's two meds that I take in the evening and many times I'll have to get out of bed to see if I took them.  I try to have a little routine that I follow now.  After I take the night meds from the small pill organizer I put it behind the big pill case that contains my daytime meds and supplements.

When I see the small case behind the big case then I know I remembered them.

Yup!  Ya need a system like JTownGirl does it.   This is basically how I do things like this.  If it's a bottle I will put it upside down at night, when I go to do my teeth cleaning regime. Then, the next day, when I take it I will put the bottle right side up so, when I cannot recall if I took it, I go in there to see how the bottle is and know that if it's right-side up I took it.

With my nasal spray I have different positions for it so I know when I took it because I don't want to overdo it and have it become ineffective.  I have severe nasal congestion, so it would be easy to do it more times than I should.

I have systems for pretty much everything important and the ONE important thing is just that you are consistent.  Once you've been doing a given system for a while it becomes automatic and the reward is that you always know where you are with it.

Honored Contributor

As to doing boneheaded things, for me it's morning/noon/night.

One time, when we lived in this little house we rented that had a tiny little kitchen, I was making pasta or something where I had to drain.  Well, I had the pot in one hand and the colander in the other.

I turned around toward the sink to pour the pasta into the colander but, instead of getting TO the kitchen sink, I just poured it right there in the  middle of the floor (and on me, of course).   I don't even know what that was about.

Trusted Contributor

I thought I lost my sunglasses.  Looked everywhere, in the house, in the car, gone.  I figured I left it behind somewhere on the many errands I ran that day.  Two days later DH stands in front of me and clears his throat to get my attention.  I look up and he hands me my very frosted over sunglasses. He found them in the freezer!  I had been to the store that day and must have absent mindedly put the sunglasses in the freezer along with whatever else I bought.