Honored Contributor

Have you had a hepatitis shot?

My husband just got one,  the pharmacist commented on all of the outbreaks, she has seen lately. It does seem like it really had spiraled around me.

Have you have any outbreaks in your area?  

I need to get a shot for it too, but I, also needed a tetanus shot, so I got that instead. I will get the  hep shot a bit later

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you had a hepatitis shot?

a hepatitis vaccination? really? i was not aware.  It prevents it? What if a person is having risky actions?  

interesting. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The shot protects from 2 forms .I am not sure what you mean by risky behavior? We are old, and our risky days are long past

Honored Contributor

my husband had hep a while in service, one of the guys came down with hep a ,so got a shot many years ago for that.

hep b &c he got that shots, within the past 2 yrs. he is still working full time, the type of work he is doing the hep c shot is required now.

I have never had hep shot of any kind.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry

Had the Hep B series of 3 injections at work.

Which heps were in your vaccination?  Would appreciate knowing.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure . I know B was one..but the other one I can't recall. Our pharmacy called to let us know they had a supply of serum available

Honored Contributor

Pushing people to get vaccinated for hepatitis seems to be quite popular now.    The vaccine covers types A and B.   

I could have gotten the vaccine years ago thru the hospital, but declined because of no risk factors and I did not have contact with patients.  

Both of my daughters have had the vaccine, and had their titers checked to be sure they are protected, due to travels outside the US.    As of right now, I am not inclined to have the shots.   

Honored Contributor

@RedTop  we have had quite a few outbreaks. One of them at a restaurant we frequent. I am not sure why all of a sudden, there seems to be so much of it about

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have had the vaccine for both Hep A and B because I work in health care, just teaching now, but once much more patient contact.  Both vaccines are a series of shots spaced out X amount of time apart.

There is no vaccine for Hep C.  We have been hearing about it a great deal recently because:

1) the CDC reported > 3,000 new cases last year,

2) the CDC estimates that there are at least 3.5 million people in the US who have active Hep C.

Hep C is not a likely result of “risky behavior”, but of exposure to blood and plasma and / or products used to treat other diseases.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

@cherry

Had the Hep B series of 3 injections at work.

Which heps were in your vaccination?  Would appreciate knowing.  Thanks.

Had this series also before going on an overseas tour many years ago.  It was advised at that time