Honored Contributor

Re: Have you had a WEIRD work/home experience-an "You've got to be kidding" kinda thing?

I was in education for 35 years; just how weird would you like?
Respected Contributor

Re: Have you had a WEIRD work/home experience-an "You've got to be kidding" kinda thing?

I must have a boring life.  I can't even think of anything that weird or bizarre to post, other then something that happened to another department at my work.

Some lady comes in to our office and wants to use the restroom.  The policy is that it's not a public restroom (we used to let people in to use, but they destroyed the bathroom, purposely clogging the toilets and ripping the paper dispenser off the wall).  So she tells the clerk that she's going to sit in the chair and pee all over it.  So she does.  All over the chair, carpet and herself (with all her clothing on).  

Can you imagine how her friend must have felt?  Just pee all over yourself and then want to sit in my car?  Guess you'll need a new friend and a new ride home. 

And no, she wasn't elderly or disabled or a child - I'm sure they would have made an exception in that case and let her use the restroom.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2   Oh my! It can't get more disgusting than that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lovesrecess wrote:
doesn't give me much confidence in your hospital! I think that doc chose the wrong profession

@lovesrecess

It had nothing to do with the hospital.  And, it had nothing to do with his choice of profession.  Read on.

This occurred in a military command and within surgical training facilities within one of the hospital buildings.

***The issue at hand:  When a man or woman is in the military and experiences a medical issue which compromises their combat readiness and/or their "job" within the military, they go through what is called a "military board" and most are subsequently "medically discharged."  This senior Resident who collapsed on me, admitted to suffering from bradycardia, after I point-blank asked him.  He had not, however, admitted such up the chain of command.  Yes, that was very wrong.  BUT, it had nothing to do with the hospital. 

My guess is that he was probably allowed to complete the months remaining of his Emergency Department Residency, then did not renew his contract with that branch of the military.  He most likely and immediately had surgery in which a device was implanted to regulate his heart, then headed out into the private sector looking for a permanent position as an attending physician in a private hospital E.R.

Hope this helps.