Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever used uber or lyft?

We've used Uber and have been satisfied with the service.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

Neither of them handles cash it is all done online

@cherry wrote:

The disputed fare was with lyft and not uber

All I know was  the driver stabbed her ,over a fare

The Payment screen
  • Rate Your Driver: Tell us about your Lyft ride! Rate your experience with your driver on a scale of 1 to 5 stars — 5 is the best! Leave feedback about your ride in the comment box — it's shown to drivers anonymously.
  • Payment: This is the card that will be charged. To change your payment method, tap the Payment bar with the credit card icon, then go back and complete payment.
  • Tip and Total: Add a tip and review the total payment amount for your ride.
  • Submit: Once you tap the Submit button on the rating and payment screen, both your payment and rating is submitted to our system. You'll receive a receipt with all payment information in your email. To make further adjustments to your payment, click the 'Ride Review' link in the receipt.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

My friend always uses Uber.  She doesn't drive at night or into neighborhoods that she is unfamiliar, so she relies on Uber.

So she gets in the car with an unknown stranger to go into unfamiliar neighborhoods.  Makes sense. . . ???  Why not just go out and hitch a ride?  I don't see a lot of difference here.  Sorry, but that's the way it strikes me! 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @cherry

The city of SF has has a lot of trouble with Uber, particularly because they don't check the background of their drivers.  There have been numerous assaults on women, including a very recent rape.

Also, they refused to get a permit for using their driverless cars in the city, ignoring city rules.

@Noel7  there have been a lot of  complaints ,from  co-eds, in my area, about drivers  that  acted the same way

@cherry

One here turned against a light and ran down a woman with her child in the crosswalk, killing the small child.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

My friend always uses Uber.  She doesn't drive at night or into neighborhoods that she is unfamiliar, so she relies on Uber.

So she gets in the car with an unknown stranger to go into unfamiliar neighborhoods.  Makes sense. . . ???  Why not just go out and hitch a ride?  I don't see a lot of difference here.  Sorry, but that's the way it strikes me! 

Uber drivers are screened and when you set up a ride you are given their name model of car and lisence plate number. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@cherry

They have serious issues here raising the fare after someone gets in the cab.  I don't know why anyone takes Uber, we have good cab service here.  I had to take cabs for various medical tests and they were great.  You can order them to be at your home at a certain time and order the type of car you want.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @cherry

The city of SF has has a lot of trouble with Uber, particularly because they don't check the background of their drivers.  There have been numerous assaults on women, including a very recent rape.

Also, they refused to get a permit for using their driverless cars in the city, ignoring city rules.

@Noel7  there have been a lot of  complaints ,from  co-eds, in my area, about drivers  that  acted the same way

@cherry

One here turned against a light and ran down a woman with her child in the crosswalk, killing the small child.

@Noel7  as someone here posted ,we had a driver that opened fire on a group of people  at a restaurant. They were celebrating . I can't recall how many were killed, and one young girl was gravely injured. I don't think she will ever be what she was before the attack

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@SXMGirl wrote:

Uber drivers are screened and when you set up a ride you are given their name model of car and lisence plate number. 

@I am still oxox

Uber claims they are screened but several here were found to have criminal records, and several raped the women they were driving.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Hi @cherry

@cherry

@Noel7  as someone here posted ,we had a driver that opened fire on a group of people  at a restaurant. They were celebrating . I can't recall how many were killed, and one young girl was gravely injured. I don't think she will ever be what she was before the attack

It wasn't just at a restaurant. The 3 women and young teen girl that he shot as they sat in their car in the parking lot of a restaurant were the end of the spree. First he shot a young single mom as she tried to protect kids in the parking lot of their apartment complex. Then he shot a father and his high school senior son as they looked for used trucks for the son. The son's girlfriend witnessed it while hiding in the back seat of the car. In between shooting people, he picked up fares, at least one of whom repeatedly asked to be let out of the car because of the way he was driving.  The single mom and the young teen girl survived, but have extensive injuries. The young girl is still waiting to be healed enough to have part of her skull replaced. As horrible as this incident was, I wouldn't take it as an indictment against using those services. Clearly, something in their alleged screening process missed with this guy, but that doesn't mean that they're all bad. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I've used Uber twice in Washington, DC.  Other than it's a nicer car than a creeky old DC taxi, it was more money and the wait time was the same as waiting for a taxi.  Taxi companies have apps now and have GPS so you know where taxi's are, just like Uber.

I go with whatever is more convenient.

In SoCal, taxis were usually close to double the cost of Uber or Lyft and the taxi drivers became abusive when you wanted to use CC vs. cash. I'd rather take the bus home from surgery than use a cab. I used Uber twice, no problems.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all