Honored Contributor

Have you ever used uber or lyft?

If you did how were you treated by the driver?

I never have used either ,and  I think I might not want to go with them, but stick with a conventional  taxi cab  company

I just read today  a passenger was  in critical  condition ,after being stabbed by her lyft driver, over a dispute  about a fare

We had an uber driver that deliberately plowed into a crowd of people, killing some, and maiming others. He had been acting  erratically with other fares before this event took place

I feel, and perhaps I'm wrong , you might pay more with a taxi company, but the drivers are safer bets

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you ever used uber or lyft?

I am a road warrior.

I WILL NEVER EVER USE TAXIS.  If there is not Uber or Lyft in a city, I will rent a car instead. I will generalize by saying taxis are corrupt and dirty. I have many stories and examples.

i use Uber and Lyft frequently.  I have very good experiences overall.  

Honored Contributor

my daughter used uber while she was in college.

she and i recently went on a mini vacation and we used uber to and from our hotel often.....it was easier than using the subway.

she has never had any problems with the driver, company, or app.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@cherry  there is good and bad in all things, but in my experience, taxis are, overall, awful.  I have only had good experiences with Uber and I use them very frequently in many cities.

Respected Contributor

I've used Uber to get to and from the airport a few times. It was fine, but I haven't used it since last February when an Uber driver in my town went on a shooting spree and shot 8 people. 6 of them died and 2 were very seriously injured. Logically I know the guy is in jail and it's not likely to happen again, but I've still felt a little creeped out about it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I use Uber often and I am always pleased with the service, there is no money exchanged, it is all done online with a paypal account or credit card, I am sure it is the same with Lyft.

@cherry wrote:

If you did how were you treated by the driver?

I never have used either ,and  I think I might not want to go with them, but stick with a conventional  taxi cab  company

I just read today  a passenger was  in critical  condition ,after being stabbed by her lyft driver, over a dispute  about a fare

We had an uber driver that deliberately plowed into a crowd of people, killing some, and maiming others. He had been acting  erratically with other fares before this event took place

I feel, and perhaps I'm wrong , you might pay more with a taxi company, but the drivers are safer bets

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

My family and I have used Uber many, many times.  My daughter in Colorado has used them on every business trip in many different states.

My son-in-law just hired them recently to drive myself and my friends from where I live to my birthday party and another Uber driver picked us up and took us home.  

I've taken them to various airports, etc.  I've only found them to be personable, intelligent and a nice experience.  I've talked to them just about every trip.  They are from every nationality and every color.  They all dressed appropriately and didn't stink.  Let's see, what else?  Oh!  It was interesting the Uber driver who took us to my party was originally from Palestine.  He'd become an American citizen.  He voted one way for T and his wife had voted the other way (we all laughed at that as did he).  It was a very pleasant experience.

The Uber driver who drove us home was originally from some other country (he didn't say but had a thick accent).  he said he'd been an Uber driver for many years and he explained the whole Uber process to us.  They always went the speed limit and since I always sat in the front I didn't see any problems with anyone's driving.  They send you a picture of who they are and you can see on your cell phone exactly where they are at all times.

One reason I want to move closer in to the city is because I want to be able to take the Uber everywhere.  I love using them.

Honored Contributor

I've used Uber twice in Washington, DC.  Other than it's a nicer car than a creeky old DC taxi, it was more money and the wait time was the same as waiting for a taxi.  Taxi companies have apps now and have GPS so you know where taxi's are, just like Uber.

I go with whatever is more convenient.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

My friend always uses Uber.  She doesn't drive at night or into neighborhoods that she is unfamiliar, so she relies on Uber.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

No I have never used Uber or Lyft and I never will. I dont trust it.

My almost 19 year old granddaugher and her friend used Uber 2X and said it was fine and all the drivers were nice!

My friends sons sister in law is a driver. Dont care, wont use the service just like i will never sell things on Craigs list (too many weirdos now days!).

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles