Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever used a store tester?

Wait a second. Now we're worried about picking up a perfume tester bottle? You might as well never touch anything anywhere. Sometimes you just have to take these gigantic risks and live on the edge. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I would never spray perfume into the air.  You inhale those ingredients more than you realize.   I mean-do you spray and then sniff by putting your face into the spray?  LOL

I use the strips and rub on my wrist.  The pulse point will give you a true indication of the scent on you - after you walk around a bit and give it time to meld with your chemistry.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

I have, but only from a pump dispenser, nothing that can be dipped into or twists up to expose the product. I can’t see this lawsuit going anywhere but to the tabloids, which is probably the intent anyway.

Trusted Contributor

I use perfume testers, but would never put a makeup tester on my face.

Valued Contributor

The makeup tester counter at our local Kohl's... Omigosh!  Woman Surprised I can't imagine going within three feet of it. Makeup spattered everywhere. Open tubes of lipstick smeared all over. Looks like a counter in the messiest high-school girl's bathroom anyone can imagine. Just gross, gross, gross.

Esteemed Contributor

ICK....no

Honored Contributor

I quit doing that when one become two and they all folded into each other.  I never liked the little papers they sprayed on to, didn't like the smell.  May just be my sniffer. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I pretty much learned never to use testers after using a friends blue mascara in high school. 

Let alone strangers in a Sephora.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I have tried a makeup foundation at Sephora and lived. I also have sprayed a scent on my wrist. In the scheme of things, it doesn't worry me. I do not, however, try lipsticks...even the ones sprayed with alcohol.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

According to Cosmo mag, it is possible to contract herpes from lipstick.  I'm not sure if the case they are talking about ,is the same one , or another

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beauty/beauty/how-to/a13064/can-you-contract-herpes-from-lipstick/

@cherry  I found some articles, too. 

I wonder how long it takes to break out with a cold sore after catching the virus.  This woman waited 2 years to file her lawsuit.

I think this will be tossed; after all that time that sample is long gone.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh