Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever thought of starting an online channel or blog?

Maybe.  I've been reading a food related blog that a friend recently started, and I'm very impressed.  I'm not sure what I'd write about, but would want something original, rather than copying what I've seen elsewhere.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mellie32 wrote:

@Burnsite wrote:

I guess the OP is bored. . .

Why do you say that?

@Mellie32...Projection?  Sometimes we see ourselves in others. *shrug*

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

I have - my best friend and I always talk about how we love to be in our beds so my idea was to blog about beds...it would be part decorating (bed styles; bedroom decor) part informative (reviews of mattresses, etc.) part travel (beautiful places in the world to spend the night (the bed tie-in) etc. etc.  then sometimes funny things about what people do in bed (other than you-know-what) -  like eating, cuddling with dogs, etc.

I still think about it sometimes but blogs are VERY time consuming and you have to be really committed to it...not necessarily daily but regularly...have not been ready or able to make that commitment....

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

@Mellie32 wrote:

What would you talk or write about?  

No...starting my own online channel or blog would not be my thing. I know my strengths and weaknesses. Even though I'm a perfectionist, I am also an introvert. I'm the type of person who is content to blend right in the middle. I don't like being the center of attention and really am just not the leader type. I'm content being betwixt and between. Smiley Happy

I am the same way.  I can't imagine that anyone would care about my views on things.  And I've never been a proficient angler.

@deepwaterdotter, Must be due to our midwestern roots. If my memory serves me right, I believe you live in Wisconsin also. Hope you survive the summer without too many mosquitos. With all the rain we've been having, we're just waiting for the mosquito outbreak!

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Hi @Annabellethecat66

Here are just two examples of blogs, one on fashion and the other by Susan Branch, who writes (handwrites!) and illustrates cookbooks and memoirs. 

You'll see that each has set up places for comments below the current blog entries:

https://fiftynotfrumpy.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

http://www.susanbranch.com/

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Hi Brinklii, south-central Wisconsin.  I must admit to enjoying much of the summer months from the window of my home in the woods to avoid the biting nuisances.  A hummingbird feeder is just outside the window of my home office, and the occasional deer will wander through the backyard.  I'll leave the blogs to those with something attention-worthy to say. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach Thanks!  I would be terrible doing any of that.  As all of you are aware....I rattle on and on about useless stuff.

Someone told me I was just 'in love' with my own words.  I can't imagine being organized enough to write anything worthwhile anyone else would find interesting.

I think I've bought Susan Branch's stickers and things before.  They look just like her homepage.  

They were two different styles of writing.  I meet a lot of people all of the time.  I walk up to strangers and strike up conversations all of the time.  I enjoy talking to strangers.  I've always said, "Everyone has a story" and they do and usually it's kind of interesting.  

I find it interesting, but it seems strange to post things like that up.  I think it's because I 'share' to others that they tell me often personal things; also because we are strangers and they know it won't go to anyone they know.

I think I'll stick to the QVC forum.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

YES~!  And I'm still in the middle of outlining it so I won't go into detail...!  It will be a website geared to purchasing and Paypal will be involved....

I can't think of anything better than providing a service and getting paid for it .... all from home~!!

I've also been toying with a blog .....(Ouch... Politics)..... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

And regarding a Political Blog..... Heh Heh.... yes, I'd be up for it...!  Woman LOL 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*