Valued Contributor

Re: Have you ever started the day with an awful feeling...

@KittyLoverBob 

No. I start each day with optimism.

hckynut 

good for you, John. I wish I could feel the same way but right now I've got so many medical tests that I feel completely overwhelmed, and a not-very-sympathetic husband who gets mad if I cry a little because of how I feel.

Contributor

@PuppyLoverBob666  Please remember that this is the first day of the rest of your life, then maybe that awful feeling will go away.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart  I had a dream my father died and woke up crying then very happy it was only a dream. A few hours later my husband came home and told me my father died.   I feel he was reaching out to me to say goodbye.  He was only 58 and a strong vibrant man. 

I've had a few clairvoyant dreams and feelings.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

@CalminHeart  I had a dream my father died and woke up crying then very happy it was only a dream. A few hours later my husband came home and told me my father died.   I feel he was reaching out to me to say goodbye.  He was only 58 and a strong vibrant man. 

I've had a few clairvoyant dreams and feelings.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I believe that was your dad saying he loved you and that you'll see him again someday.

I've also had some interesting thing happen.

The week after my uncle died, I was mowing and it smelled like my mower was going to blow up. I finally realized it was the smell of my uncle's cough drops. The smell immediately disappeared.

Mom was sick for a few years. I asked her to send me a sign. A few weeks after she died she came to me. I know I was wide awake and she was standing there. She's came that way some time later too. I've also felt her presence many times.

One day I was sitting at church and felt an elbow gently hit my arm. No one was there. But my uncle used to do that to me all the time. 

I talked to my priest about these and other visions I've had. He said they happen and I'm very lucky and blessed to be open to them. 

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty much an optimist, but if I do feel that something is a little "off" that day, I can pretty much say a prayer and think about something else.  I think it's because I know I have no control over it anyway... so why not let it go?