Respected Contributor

Have you ever purchased a gift basket online ?

If so, what was the occasion and were you happy with the basket ?

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you ever purchased a gift basket online ?

I bought a Harry and David large basket for my son's in~laws for Christmas

Honored Contributor

We were away when my best friend's MIL passed away. I also ordered a Harry and David basket. I did it by phone, because we had no Internet connectiion! The representative was understanding and helpful, and even included a sympathy card. My best friend and her DH loved it. She told me what was in it and how much they enjoyed everything. I would definitely get another one. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've purchased from Zabar's on line. They were fabulous!

Valued Contributor

I send gift baskets and boxes often which contain items made only in our state.  I am certain each state has similar online stores.  There is always something in the basket for everyone regardless of their likes.

Respected Contributor

I love sending them and getting them!

Harry & David, Figi's, there is a gourmet apple place in a neighboring state that I use often and a local spot where I can build my own and send it filled with my home state's treats! There are many others on-line, and it's a fun search!

I also appreciate having fresh beautiful fruit during and after the holidays especially!

I have never had a bad result either!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

I frequently send baskets from Wolferman's.  Everyone says they are delicious baked goods.  They have recently been taken over by Harry and David's, but the quality is still there. Great customer service, too, and I can usually get free shipping.  

Respected Contributor

Glad so many posters had success with sending great food gift baskets !!!

Unfortunately, my story is the opposite --- as a recipient of poor ones, I have taken pictures of the fruit and sent it to the sender so they could get reimbursed for their effort.  In one case, I actually took the basket to a local florist responsible:  showed her the contents, some of which were outdated / expired crackers, etc. 

Another bad item:  Edible Arrangements which had fruit so spoiled I had to close the trash bag and put it outside.

Once bitten, always shy.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

This is a good thread. We gave from Zabar's and Harry and David this year. I believe the recipients were happy.

We received from figis. It was a large platter of teenie tiny little sample sized cheeses, meats and candies. We gave it to our son. He was thrilled! He was having friends over to watch a game. He is a chef, but on a tight budget. He said the gift was fun but not gourmet. lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

About a month before Christmas my close friend ordered 5 orders of cookies from Harry and David.  One was for us.  Mine ended up lost somewhere in Oregon and we live in NH and the others all but one were also lost.  She was constantly having to phone them to find out where our Christmas gifts were.  The one that did get theirs said that the cookies were stale.  From what I understand a lot of their cookies are Cheryls cookies and are much cheaper through QVC.  I have never had them so do not know if they are good or bad.  From what I read on the QVC reviews some like them and some not so much.  She phoned us yesterday saying that Harry and David gave up on the cookies and gave her the money back.  I had a lot of trouble with the mail systems this past Christmas even getting Christmas cards several days ago.  I am not blaming Harry and David but the mailing systems. 

I too have received gift baskets which included items that were out of date.  I guess they figure no one is going to tell the person that sent them.   Years back I sent flowers to my MIL who lived out of State and they came all wilted so she marched right back to the florist with the flowers and they gave her fresh ones.