Trusted Contributor

Have you ever ordered from Etsy?

If so, was it a good experience? I have never ordered, but there are some things I would like to order. Is there anything I should be cautious of? Any concerns? TIA
Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever ordered from Etsy?

@Sue98 -Since there are so many different vendors and artists I imagine each one would be a different experience.

I only ordered once. A mobile for my grandson. My daughter liked it but I thought it was way overpriced for what it was and didn't think it was that attractive. But he and she like it so that's what matters and that is the one she wanted.

The vendor was very nice in responding to questions.

It tool several months to come and I was made aware of the delay but I wasn't expecting that. It came just a few weeks before he was born and I had ordered it months ago.

So long story shorter, I don't know that I would order from Etsy again. 

I rarely look there, But they do have all kinds of things if you are looking for a particular something.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Sue98 -

I wanted to add too that I think it is hard to see what the things look like

very well on their website.

But maybe that's just me.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

I order once in awhile, just received an order.  I myself have not had a bad experience but thats just me.  I do look all the time though just because I like to look.  Each vendor is different and don't hesitate to ask questions.  Pay with paypal so you are protected that way.

Respected Contributor

I've ordered from that site several times.  But I usually buy discontinued lines of fabric that I need for quilting, so I know what I'm getting.  I've always had a good experience, except for the order I put in on April 7 and haven't had any response from this seller.  So it depends.

Respected Contributor

I think your experience has 100% to do with the vendor, not the site itself.  A decent vendor will give you a decent experience.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I've had my own shop on Etsy for over 12 years (curently in vacation mode) and in all that time purchased many hundreds of items.  I've rarely had a bad buying experience.

Etsy is a global collection of online shops just like Ebay (but there is no auction).  There are over 2 million (before the current situation) shops and among the good you'll find not so good ones too.  You can also adjust settings if you prefer to shop only American shops.

Read reviews, ask questions and know that if you use a credit card and are not satisifed, you can get a refund.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered some masks from Etsy, I haven't recieved them yet. I hope we like them. 

Regular Contributor

Yes, I have ordered more than once, always with good results.  I ordered a bracelet for my granddaughter which came beautifully wrapped and even included a hand written thank you note.  Unfortunately, I don't remember the name of the company.

Other orders were sent quickly and done well.

Honored Contributor

Only once and the vendor refunded my money

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.