Super Contributor

Re: Have you ever had that feeling someone was behind you or caught a glimpse?

adelina,

yuppers as I know others are being silly as well, laughter is good medicine.

Gosh when I was growing up even grandma would stand behind the door just to scare me, so we had fun telling ghost stories and scaring the beggiebs out of each other, still do it to my husband, but he says "don't your gonna give me a heart attack"!

Oh funny story my husband and I are going camping, so the night before I get these books called "Chicken Skin Tales" read them to him, next day he didn't want me to take them to read around the camp fire.

Trusted Contributor

@Sunshine&rainbows wrote:

adelina,

yuppers as I know others are being silly as well, laughter is good medicine.

Gosh when I was growing up even grandma would stand behind the door just to scare me, so we had fun telling ghost stories and scaring the beggiebs out of each other, still do it to my husband, but he says "don't your gonna give me a heart attack"!

Oh funny story my husband and I are going camping, so the night before I get these books called "Chicken Skin Tales" read them to him, next day he didn't want me to take them to read around the camp fire.

LOL! 

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

newziesuzie

Now I do thanks!

It makes sense.

I am Native American, Athabaskan tribe.

Not that has anything to do with it.

Esteemed Contributor

onewhitesparrow

Your name just reminded me of how a yellow canary came out of no where and landed on my arm when I was sitting on the lanai, scared me!

I found a bird lady and she gave it a good home.

Because of that movie "The Birds" I have a fear of birds, also doves come close to my feet when I'm sitting outside and there was this one bird that used to come sit on the lanai and sing to me every morning?!

My husband laughs because these birds come near me.

Weird.

Sunshine-Let me see if I can help you out with The Birds. In Hitchcock's The Birds the story was that the birds contracted Rabies and that was why they went nuts and started attacking. In reality, birds cannot get Rabies. It is a disease of the warm blooded, and birds are cold blooded.

The only reason I know this is because I was skeered too,mini haha.gif and this explanation helped me out

I love Hitchcock. I've seen all his movies at least 2 or 3 times and if they are on, I will watch them again.......and may lose some sleep over them mini haha.gif

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

betteb

Yup I ask my mom how could you let me watch such a movie! We would giggle over that, she say oh its just a movie.

My sister has a scary movie night where all the gals will get together have snacks and beverages and watch scary movies!

I am the opposite

@betteb wrote:

onewhitesparrow

Your name just reminded me of how a yellow canary came out of no where and landed on my arm when I was sitting on the lanai, scared me!

I found a bird lady and she gave it a good home.

Because of that movie "The Birds" I have a fear of birds, also doves come close to my feet when I'm sitting outside and there was this one bird that used to come sit on the lanai and sing to me every morning?!

My husband laughs because these birds come near me.

Weird.

Sunshine-Let me see if I can help you out with The Birds. In Hitchcock's The Birds the story was that the birds contracted Rabies and that was why they went nuts and started attacking. In reality, birds cannot get Rabies. It is a disease of the warm blooded, and birds are cold blooded.

The only reason I know this is because I was skeered too,mini haha.gif and this explanation helped me out

I love Hitchcock. I've seen all his movies at least 2 or 3 times and if they are on, I will watch them again.......and may lose some sleep over them mini haha.gif

I can not & will not watch them, if I do I have nightmares!

Super Contributor

betteb

Why in my last quote and this one the last line of my post ends up at the bottom?

By the way are you a Betty Boop fan?

Super Contributor

newziesuzie

6th Sense

I just remembered, many years ago my ex and I were staying with our in-laws waiting for our apt. to get finished so we could move in.

The day came to move into our new apt., we took some boxes over.

When I set my box down in the empty living room, I went to the middle of the room sat down on the carpet and started crying uncontrollably.

My ex asked me "whats wrong?"

I told him I don't have a good feeling about this place and I just felt so sad.

He told me "I didn't want to tell you this, a lady was murdered here, they broke in through the living room window!"

@newziesuzie wrote:

Not sure of what you mean by a 6th sense?

It was a strong feeling and I looked each time only to find nothing was there.

Sorta got exhausted feeling afterwards!

You know, the way some people are more sensitive to things around us, the 6th sense beyond the usual 5 senses.

I think some people are more "aware" of spirits and things

if that makes sense.

We picked up our boxes put them back in the car and never moved in there.

I filed that memory away with all the other bad memories...

Honored Contributor

Similar....but not in answer to your question; sometimes I have a strong urge to visit a certain store.    It can be Saks, Walmart or The Home Depot.........and I do find something I have been looking for.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Similar....but not in answer to your question; sometimes I have a strong urge to visit a certain store.    It can be Saks, Walmart or The Home Depot.........and I do find something I have been looking for.

facebook-cute-giggle-smiley-emoticon.gif

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Esteemed Contributor

I actually had a small dog also that passed from a heart attack and for a couple weeks after a few times i would feel the bottom of the bed move during the night where she used to sleep but then it stopped.....it would wake me and i would still feel it.  So like you with your pet .....can't help but feel they were there..

Wonder if you ever had any strong feelings upon meeting or seeing someone which tells you to keep your distance although there is no obvious reason for that......which i have experienced.