Valued Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone wear the same thing you were wearing at the same time?

No, I don't think so 

I wouldn't care or make a big deal out of it.   I wouldn't ask the other person to leave or change either.    That seems a little extreme to me 

Respected Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone wear the same thing you were wearing at the same time?

Yes. Many of people I knew bought the exact same wedding ring as I did.  Some in yellow gold , some in white.  I didn't like it.   The ring is now melted into a one of a kind ring.  Problem solved.

Trusted Contributor

Yes but not often. Before I retired from teaching, a lot of female colleagues watched QVC.  When there was a fashion TSV you could count on seeing a few in a week or so.

Honored Contributor

It wasn't a big deal for someone in my circle to show up wearing the same outfit.Although in highschool ,2 senior girls showed up at the prom wearing the same dress and the s--t hit the fan. These girls came from wealthy families and the elite store in our small town went out of business shortly after this incident.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it has happened to me many times.  I sometimes wear go walk shoes and I see them them coming and going all of the time.

My oldest sister and I often have the same clothing items and we don't shop together at all.  We are built alike so the same style looks good on us.

My younger sister and I have the same coffee table in our living room.  The table is unusual and I have never seen one anywhere else.

When I worked, my boss and I would occasionally have the same sweaters on... sometimes in different colors, sometimes not.

I met a male distant cousin for the first time a few years ago. My sisters and I were invited to his lovely home for lunch.  He lives two hours from us.

He owned the same  RV camper as I did.. exactly the same.  

In his home, his kitchen cabinets and granite counter tops were exactly as mine as well as the cabinet hardware that were not standard on that cabinet style.  He also had the same hunter green leather chair in his LR that I did. It was really weird.   We finished each other sentences too. I think our tastes are inherited.

Esteemed Contributor

I was at a reception for the Commandant of Marines and in a reception right next to a woman wearing the exact embroidered jacket (got mine in Hong Kong).  When I was introduced to the General I pointed out and introduced "my sister".  We both thought it was funny. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many years ago, I had a co-worker who had the same taste in clothes and we shopped at the same stores.  It was like we had the same wardrobe, 2-3 times a week we would have the same clothes on but usually in different colors.  We both thought it was funny.  We joked that we should call each other in the mornings to find out what we were wearing.  The funny thing is, no one one else ever commented on our twins act. 

Respected Contributor

A co-worker and I bought the same down coat.  It didn't bother either of us.  A good thing, because it was a looong winter.

We often joked about it.

Esteemed Contributor

@september wrote:

Some "little black dresses" are almost like uniforms and no one would notice if a few women at the same event, wore similar styles. However, it's very noticeable if two women have on the same dress if it's a brighter color or a print.  

At my high school reunion I noticed another woman had on the same LBD I had on.  There were so many variations of black dresses I doubt anyone noticed. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes and I had to gulp real hard.  I had ordered a216667 in grey, blue and green and since the length was only 24-1/2" and my stepmom only 5' tall I gave her the blue and green cardigans.  Turns out she loved them and wore them constantly.  So the one day I decided to wear mine...the grey one, she too was wearing the blue one (thought she'd give them a rest already). I'm not into matchy, matchy but still wearing mine too pretended oh, how cool....yikes.