Esteemed Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone wear the same thing you were wearing at the same time?

Yes, it was at a wedding ceremony and another woman and I took notice of each other as we turned to look at the wedding party coming down the aisle...We were wearing the same dresses and had to hold back from laughing out hysterically, so we just gave each other a big smile and wink...At least we were sitting on separate sides of the aisle...LOL

Once we got to the reception, we had a great laugh about it and just complimented each other on our great taste in fashion!...We were a hit show together!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Trusted Contributor

Re: Have you ever had someone wear the same thing you were wearing at the same time?

Well, I went to a Catholic high school so we all wore the same thing everyday!Woman LOL

And when I worked part time at Saks, you always knew when a great piece of clothing was marked down ... several of us would be wearing it the following Sunday!

And in my corporate job, a Dress Barn was in the shopping center up the street from us.  After just about every payday, a couple of us would be wearing the same thing the day after.

Never had it happen at a more fancier occasion tho.

Respected Contributor

A friend of mine ordered a top that ended up being too large for her. I loved it, & bought it from her. She re-ordered it, in smaller size. We often call it "our top". So far, we have not worn it at the same time, but it wouldn't be a biggie if we did. 

Honored Contributor

When l was a child, my mother and l went to Boston every summer for several days, to visit her dear cousins. My father stayed home to go to work. I had a sweet little cousin who was several years younger that l. She was so pretty, like Shirley Temple. One day, her mother dressed her in an adorable royal blue dress with white ruffles, and poodles in the print. I loved that dress, and pleaded with my mother to buy me the same dress. She didn't want to spoil me, so she said she couldn't. 

The day before we were scheduled to leave for home, our cousin gave me a gift box, and said, "Open this." It was the dress l adored, in MY size! My mother was just as surprised as l was. I put the new dress on, and my little cousin put on hers, and a photo was taken of the two of us dressed identically.

Funny how little girls want to be dressed the same, but grown women don't!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

Several years ago I picked up my then 82 y/o aunt (slender healthy & stylish) to go to my nephew's wedding. When she opened her front door, "biotch stole my look" came out of my mouth before I could stop it. I was laughing when I said it, but thought she might be offended. Not to worry as she burst out laughing & said OMG we have great taste! My dress was red with long sleeves. Hers was royal blue with short sleeves, but it was the exact same style & fabric. We thought it was so funny & joked with people at the church & reception asking "who wore it better?" while we did ridiculous poses. We still laugh about it & half expect to experience the same thing when I pick her up to go to family functions. 

Respected Contributor

Many years ago, I worked with two other women, and we very often dressed "nearly" identically. We generally wore dress pants and tops that were the same colors.Funny thing was, I was older than both of them by 5 and 13 years, respectively. One was African-American (deep tones), the other Asian/Hispanic (more olive)...and I am Caucasion, and fair-skinned (neutral skin tones). I am plus-sized, one of them was a missy, the other petite.

The kicker was the Casual Friday when all three of us showed up in jeans (the exact same wash), white t-shirts, white sneakers and blue plaid shirt-jackets! The tees had different necklines, and the plaids were slightly different---but still! We got a really good laugh that day!

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

When l was a child, my mother and l went to Boston every summer for several days, to visit her dear cousins. My father stayed home to go to work. I had a sweet little cousin who was several years younger that l. She was so pretty, like Shirley Temple. One day, her mother dressed her in an adorable royal blue dress with white ruffles, and poodles in the print. I loved that dress, and pleaded with my mother to buy me the same dress. She didn't want to spoil me, so she said she couldn't. 

The day before we were scheduled to leave for home, our cousin gave me a gift box, and said, "Open this." It was the dress l adored, in MY size! My mother was just as surprised as l was. I put the new dress on, and my little cousin put on hers, and a photo was taken of the two of us dressed identically.

Handygal....I loved your story!  Your cousins sound like lovely people.  Great memory!

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Handygal....I loved your story!  Your cousins sound like lovely people.  Great memory!

@alicedee: Many decades later, that "sweet little cousin" and l still see each other every summer. Our parents have all passed, and now it's DH and l who go to Boston to visit her and her DH.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~